Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
161 - 180 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
after all that effort, the voice on the sat nav is rubbish!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
No not yet, I'm all out of ideas at present.

·
Registered
2015 Kuga Titanium 2.0 TDCi
112 Posts
Oh that's frustrating! Only other idea I've had is to try and earlier version of forscan but not sure if that will help or not.

If no joy soon, offer still stands of popping my ucds cable in the post for you to try.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
were trying something on saturday, if that doesnt work, I may well take you up on the offer

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,226 Posts
Oh that's frustrating! Only other idea I've had is to try and earlier version of forscan but not sure if that will help or not.

If no joy soon, offer still stands of popping my ucds cable in the post for you to try.
Good of you to offer that.

Brockster is coming to mine tomorrow and going to try my OBDLink EX and laptop just to rule his out. I have a feeling (and hoping) it will be ok with mine. Not sure if FoCCCus somehow has upset his OBD reader. I have a VXDIAG Nano as well and I tried that with FoCCCus and it just said error or something similar and then I couldn't use it with forscan either so I bought the OBDLink.

Reactions: andspenka

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Ok so the central configuration ia now working and I've made most of the adaptations that I need to but the fcdim is now my stumbing block as it's out of a mk7 fiesta and the strategy needs changing to that of a kuga so that I can configure it correctly. At present I have a second gps reciever plugged in whereas it should take the signal from the gpsm. I've searched the interwebnets for anything useful but drawing a blank.

·
7,226 Posts
Ok so the central configuration ia now working and I've made most of the adaptations that I need to but the fcdim is now my stumbing block as it's out of a mk7 fiesta and the strategy needs changing to that of a kuga so that I can configure it correctly. At present I have a second gps reciever plugged in whereas it should take the signal from the gpsm. I've searched the interwebnets for anything useful but drawing a blank.
I have an idea which may work. Can you take a screenshot of your APIM, FCIM and FCDIM settings. I am not sure if the FCIM and FCDIM are programmable or not as my experience is with sync 2 but I will do some research. There's isn't much out there on sync 1.

When you replaced the display did you also replace the FCIM with the navigation one.

Also which version of FORScan are you running. We are not the only ones to have issues with V2.3.43

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
I'll get some screenshots tomorrow when I get home from work :D
I swapped out the fcim too at the same time. I have v2. 4.41 on one laptop and v2. 4.43 on another so that I can still access the car configuration.

·
7,226 Posts
Ok, let's see what we can do. You navigation needs configuring as the BCM said it wasn't configured even though it works lol.

I uninstalled completely v2.3.41 and installed v2.3.43 but not tried it on the car yet. v2.3.43 was the one that wouldn't access both of our car's central config. Will see if I get chance to have a look tomorrow.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
This is the best I can get

Attachments

·
7,226 Posts
Ok I will have a look at your APIM settings.

Is the current screen you have an MFD 5.

Also did you know in windows 10 you can take a snip of what's on screen.

Go to the bottom right hand corner where there is a message type box.
Click on "screen snip".
Click it and then use the curser to go where you want to start.
Hold left part of the track pad with your left finger or press the arrow key above Ctrl
Using your right finger draw around what you want to snip
Press paste

Like this

Saves you have to wait ages to upload pics from your phone to laptop.

Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
yep it's an MFD 5 and thanks for the windows 10 advice, I've been using it for years and never knew

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,014 Posts
Screen snip is very handy, especially on Windows 10.

The bottom corner of the screen is the easiest way to get to it but sometimes you can't click on that because it will affect what's displayed on your screen. Shortcut keys are Windows Key+Shift+S

Since Smarty has gone off topic again :rolleyes: I've just upgraded to Windows 11, it was free. I'm still getting used to it, still finding what's different, funnily enough, the screen snip is one of them. You no longer have that handy menu by clicking the bottom right of the task bar. It's probably somewhere but I haven't found it yet.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
7,226 Posts
Screen snip is very handy, especially on Windows 10.

:rolleyes: I've just upgraded to Windows 11, it was free. I'm still getting used to it, still finding what's different, funnily enough, the screen snip is one of them. You no longer have that handy menu by clicking the bottom right of the task bar. It's probably somewhere but I haven't found it yet.
Imagine your are searching for something on your car and I am sure you will soon find it. I was just having a quick read up on it and seems they have changed it. I still haven't forgiven them for removing the desktop feature from the taskbar between win 7 and 10. I know it's still there but it's tiny so just use the win+d feature. That's one thing that bugs me with a Mac as there isn't a desktop shortcut. The idea is you keep all your shortcuts in a dock at the bottom. That would be no good for me for work.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,014 Posts
I have an iPhone and she has an iPad but I have no interest in having a Macbook or whatever they're called. I'll stick with my Windows laptop.

·
7,226 Posts
@Brockster - it would seem the FCDIM isn't configurable. I just checked an asbuilt for a sync 1 Kuga with nav and it only has the first block configured and it's the same as what you have. I would guess the same of the FCIM.

I have checked a few Kuga's that have navigation from the factory and there is a pattern forming for the first set of blocks on the APIM - 7DO-01-01

However the first set of figures are nothing like a car with navigation and also nothing like mine which didn't have navigation. It's also nothing like another Zetec I checked. Can you PM me your reg number so I can look at the original asbuilt for your car.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Well I'm stumped lol, I thought I'd disconnect the extra gps antenna and have a play with forscan again..... it is actually now receiving a signal from the gpsm module, but the no gps is showing on the screen and it won't display coordinates in the special functions menu.... but it's navigating... It's all just weird to me.

161 - 180 of 240 Posts