Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
121 - 140 of 161 Posts

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,710 Posts
I have put a line through my above post reference 6 and 12. These are possibly rear camera looking at a sync conversion sheet I have which is USA based. On the other conversation sheet I have it shows pins 6 and 12 as being data link but that is based on the USA focus not ours. The data link isn't used in the UK for the sync 2 or 3 upgrade but the pins could be as @jlawes20389 says above for navigation.

I thought our sync 1 uses fakra for rear camera and also GPS but not sure what the third connector is for. Audio output to the ACM perhaps. The wiring diagram doesn't give any clues and doesn't show pins 6 and 12 for the display.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
I have put a line through my above post reference 6 and 12. These are possibly rear camera looking at a sync conversion sheet I have which is USA based. On the other conversation sheet I have it shows pins 6 and 12 as being data link but that is based on the USA focus not ours. The data link isn't used in the UK for the sync 2 or 3 upgrade but the pins could be as @jlawes20389 says above for navigation.

I thought our sync 1 uses fakra for rear camera and also GPS but not sure what the third connector is for. Audio output to the ACM perhaps. The wiring diagram doesn't give any clues and doesn't show pins 6 and 12 for the display.
I think the extra 2 wires need connecting, as there is no sound coming through the speakers when using the navigation.
The black and pink connectors are to connect the antenna to get TMC and then to pass it on to the ACM

·
6,710 Posts
It could be as @jlawes20389 says and they need to be connected to the ACM. A shame my car didn't have navigation before I went to sync 2 as I would be able to confirm.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
OK so I'm happy with the way the sat nav is working now apart from the lack of audio, does anyone know the part no etc for the pin crimps at either end so that I can add a couple of wires in?

·
6,710 Posts
Can't help you with the pins unfortunately. I think it's a molex plug but they won't give you any info. You could try Mouser UK. I am a bit surprised nobody advertises male and female pins for ford but I did quite a bit of research and came up a blank. Some pigtails are available under the motorcraft banner but they are really expensive.

I will see if I can find my old plug for the small screen display as I cut mine off.

·
6,710 Posts
OK so I'm happy with the way the sat nav is working now apart from the lack of audio, does anyone know the part no etc for the pin crimps at either end so that I can add a couple of wires in?
This may help. I had forgotten I had found these.

Something like this may work but there are so many different pins and that's just on the Kuga. When I did my upgrade I needed a pin for the radio panel and borrowed one from the small screen display. It wasn't the right one but I adapted it to fit. Then I needed another pin to get the CD player illumination light to work and found that the ones I had spare from the APIM lead fitted quite well.

Reactions: Brockster

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
looking at the mouser site, it looks like they are TE connectivity branded plugs

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Oooo it looks my day got a liitle brighter, whilst feeding the canbus wiring through, I noticed a foam clump hiding some connectors in the loom, which forgive me if I'm wrong, looks suspiciously like connectors for a PDC module?

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Kuga Titanium 2.0 TDCi
79 Posts
They certainly look like it to me! The ones in my focus were hidden behind some foam too and the connectors look to be the right shape.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
They certainly look like it to me! The ones in my focus were hidden behind some foam too and the connectors look to be the right shape.
now with there being two of the yellow connectors, does that mean it's wired up for front and rear?
I'm sure I have a module from my freelander 2 which looks the same and is actually a ford part..... so tempted to find it and plug it in to see if the kuga finds it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
On the focus, having all 3 means the wiring to the front is there but I am not sure on the kuga. Might have to poke around and see if you can find a socket somewhere near the front for them to plug into.

My guess would be around driver side headlight area but complete guess

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,897 Posts
now with there being two of the yellow connectors, does that mean it's wired up for front and rear?
I'm sure I have a module from my freelander 2 which looks the same and is actually a ford part..... so tempted to find it and plug it in to see if the kuga finds it.
Rear only I'm afraid. I only have rears and I have 2 yellow and 1 black.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
79 Posts
Oh that's a shame! I was tempted to go check mine.
Obviously a slightly different system to the focus then

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
I'm not sure...... On my FL2 which uses the same modules, it is the module that determines if you have front and rear. Some had dummy connections. The module you have only allows rear, maybe they do have the wiring for the front too

·
Administrator
1,897 Posts
You might be right, the rear is known as 'Rear Parking Aid Module' the front and rear is listed as 'Active Park Assist Module' which looks like it only has the same 3 connections on it. I was convinced I'd seen on with at least 5 on but I might be mistaken.

Rectangle Font Gas Typesetting Metal

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Your maybe thinking of the keyless vehicle module on the passenger side?

·
Administrator
1,897 Posts
Your maybe thinking of the keyless vehicle module on the passenger side?
Maybe, I've had my car in so many bits, I forget which is where! 😂 😂 😂

Reactions: Brockster

·
6,710 Posts
If you want to know where anything is ask @andspenka and on most things there will be pictures or a walk through or both.

I found my rear parking module at the weekend, by accident lol.

Reactions: andspenka

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
well I have found the socket at the rear for the PDC loom, it has a dummy plug in it at present. I'll have a look at the front tomorrow when I do the drop links. I've also ordered a module to fit before I put the side panel back on after fitting the towbar wiring...... I can't believe how easy it was.

121 - 140 of 161 Posts