Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
101 - 120 of 161 Posts

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,897 Posts
Auto wipers are not all they are cracked up to be. Not bad but not something I would sing and dance about. Auto lights are a nice feature.
My auto wipers work fine, I just think people don't understand them. They expect them to do everything without any input, no auto wipers work perfectly without the driver having to do anything at all. They all have a dial of sorts to determine how much water on the screen makes them work.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
My auto wipers work fine, I just think people don't understand them. They expect them to do everything without any input, no auto wipers work perfectly without the driver having to do anything at all. They all have a dial of sorts to determine how much water on the screen makes them work.
but can they be retrofitted lol

·
Administrator
1,897 Posts
I have no idea but the amount of things you want to retrofit, it would be easier to buy a model with them already fitted 😂

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,710 Posts
Mine work ok too most of the time but it's just something I wouldn't miss if it wasn't there, like the stop start system.

I have no idea but the amount of things you want to retrofit, it would be easier to buy a model with them already fitted 😂
My wife said that to me when I was fitting my sync 2.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My first car was a Peugeot 306 LX and that had auto wipers (a rarity in 1998!) But they weren't adjustable. Manual headlights though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
That's better, matches the cluster now!
The next problem that I am having is that it has no GPS signal, does it take it from the existing module, or does it need an additional one as there is an antenna port on the rear.

·
Registered
2015 Kuga Titanium 2.0 TDCi
79 Posts
That I am not 100% sure on. I will have a look at the fcdim on my partners focus later and see if there is anything in the antenna port. May not be the same though as it's a focus but I'll check anyway.

May be a configuration thing with the as-built?

·
Administrator
1,897 Posts
The compass takes its info from a GPSM module behind the clocks. My Sync 1 never had Nav so I don’t know if there’s an additional GPS but I doubt it. That one is capable of doing the Navigation, if you fit Sync 2 you connect in to that module. For Sync 3 you have to fit an additional one.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
OK, so it's probably the config in the fcdim, unfortunately forscan isn't letting me edit that

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,710 Posts
Yes I've changed to an mfd5 sat nav for now
There are two additional wires that go to the sat nav screen on sync 1. Pins 6 and 12 but not sure where they go to.

Is the compass working on your dashboard, just not the MFD5.

Also is there a FAKRA connector on the back of the display and if so is there one or two.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
There are 3 fakra connectors on the back, one for GPS. I'm still getting the compass on the ipc and can read the coordinates on the sync unit

·
Registered
2015 Kuga Titanium 2.0 TDCi
79 Posts
The focus needs additional wires for retrofitting the sat nav fcdim. It may be the same for the Kuga but I can't confirm.

For the focus they are:

Radio unit Connector C1 Pin 4 (NAV AUDIO IN +) to display (FCDIM) Connector C1 Pin 6 (AUDIO LINE OUT +)

Radio unit connector C1 Pin 5 (NAV AUDIO IN -) to display (FCDIM) Connector C1 pin 12 (AUDIO LINEOUT -)

Edit: just a thought, not sure if it will affect anything or not but has the central configuration been changed to the setting for the new display?

101 - 120 of 161 Posts