Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
81 - 100 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
That cluster gave you a full tank of fuel as well.

Did you manage to reset the mileage.
Hah that makes me look like a right little panic buyer lol. Yes I was able to do the mileage, the only thing I have noticed is that the compass is not showing anymore.

·
Registered
2015 Kuga Titanium 2.0 TDCi
85 Posts
Give me a minute and I might have a solution for the compass.

Hah that makes me look like a right little panic buyer lol. Yes I was able to do the mileage, the only thing I have noticed is that the compass is not showing anymore.
Can you read the IPC config, looking for line DE22? Should be 8 letters/digits.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks, I'll compare mine later.

On the Focus, compass was enbabled by changing one of those. I'll compare and see if I can work out which it is.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I've had a look through the settings and it has compass enabled , but there are just two dashes there at present, I wonder if my gps settings are wrong? I know the gpsm receiver is working as I can view it's output in the apim on forscan

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's a good point, the new cluster may be configured slightly differently.

May be worth comparing the config to your old one and see of it is different.

I haven't had a chance to look at the config on mine yet as my partner didn't get home with it until very late last night.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,822 Posts
@Brockster - Do you want to post a copy of your IPC config from Forscan. It would also help if you had your old IPC config as well. If you don't have your original settings then you will need your VIN number and you can find out what they were from motorcraftservice.com

Block 720-01-01
Block 720-01-02

·
Registered
85 Posts
@Brockster - Do you want to post a copy of your IPC config from Forscan. It would also help if you had your old IPC config as well. If you don't have your original settings then you will need your VIN number and you can find out what they were from motorcraftservice.com

Block 720-01-01
Block 720-01-02
Where abouts on the motorcraft site can you put the vin in? I've looked before but couldn't find it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Thanks, I should've replied earlier..... I reloaded the asbuilt data and it was fine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Glad to hear it's all working ok.

Next up, to decide what you want the display to show as you can change them haha

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Glad to hear it's all working ok.

Next up, to decide what you want the display to show as you can change them haha
Well... I have a new fcdim coming to keep me happy until I have the parts for a sync 3 conversion....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sync 3 is on my list too, just need to get around to ordering the parts. If I ever get around to it!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
There as so many other things that I would like to add, I'm just worried that none of the wiring will be there!

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's definitely a slippery slope! I started with the cluster on the other halfs focus. Then she wasn't happy the radio didn't match so had to change that. Then she wanted parking sensors so that was next. Then hill start assist and deflate detection. Now an ST spoiler. It's never ending!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Unfortunately the next thing I need to do is add a towbar, but I'd like to add auto headlights and auto wipers but looking at it, the windscreen is different and I'm not sure the wiring would be in the headliner anyway, I really dont want to go down the route of changing wiring looms. The last 2 cars I've had - freelander 2 and bmw 120d just needed extras plugging in and the config changing, I'm getting the feeling ford skimp out on the wiring.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tow bar is also on my list, one day...

I've noticed ford can be hit and miss on whether the wiring is there. My Kuga appears to have the wiring in the rear headlining for the camera but not all seem to.

My partner's focus had the wiring plugs to do the full front parking sensors and active park assist but no wiring for automatic lights, mine focus was the opposite way round.
Same for the footwell lights, mine had the wiring there, hers didn't.

Both were zetec models and only 6 months or so between build dates so just seems to be luck of the draw as to what's there.

·
6,822 Posts
Reactions: jlawes20389

·
6,822 Posts
There as so many other things that I would like to add, I'm just worried that none of the wiring will be there!
The wiring is there but not where you need it and it's not long enough. That's why you need a jumper lead but then with that lead you have to swap some of the pins over because ford being ford they decided to change some between sync 1 and sync 2.

·
6,822 Posts
Unfortunately the next thing I need to do is add a towbar, but I'd like to add auto headlights and auto wipers but looking at it, the windscreen is different and I'm not sure the wiring would be in the headliner anyway, I really dont want to go down the route of changing wiring looms. The last 2 cars I've had - freelander 2 and bmw 120d just needed extras plugging in and the config changing, I'm getting the feeling ford skimp out on the wiring.
Auto wipers are not all they are cracked up to be. Not bad but not something I would sing and dance about. Auto lights are a nice feature.

81 - 100 of 172 Posts