Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Was hoping for some feedback regarding the radio in my Kuga. I have the standard DAB radio in my titanium which was bought 3 weeks ago.

After having the car only a week, the radio started to make a clicking noise from the speakers. No channels were n't available and the bluetooth wouldn't work either.

I always leave the stereo on, which turns off and on alongwith the engine. It was like it all morning even after trying various differentways of getting it to work.

I then drove to the dealer to see if they could fix it and sods law after turning the stereo off and then on again it worked. However, when i turn the stereo on now, I get a loud click from the speakers before a channel is found. Is this normal and does everyones do it?

Would appreciate any replies

·
Registered
48 Posts
The only clicking I get is when the signal is lost, do you have a strong DAB in your area? Do a search to find out on the net.

When the radio is first turned one it takes about 3 seconds for the music to start which is probablya delay caused by the Digital to Analogue Coverter.

·
Registered
374 Posts
i had this after 10 days of ownership, has only happened once, AS YET!! I could eject cd's but not get them to play, sounds exactly the same, I swtched engine off and started again, only when I did it again and again di it rectify. I thought it was just mine, looks like another 1 of those teething problems, incidentally mine is the 6disc dab sony, is that the same as yours JB1??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had this today on my 3 week old 2wd Titanium (single cd radio)
Got into the car and a clicking was heard from the speakers, no bluetooth/voice controlls and no cd/radio/ipod.

turning the radio off and on does not work, after getting back into the car after an hours break the radio seemed ok.... hmmm

·
Registered
10 Posts
My single cd dab also suffers from thiswith exactly the same symptoms and just a clicking noise .The only way to get the radio to workI found was to pull the fuse and to insert the radio code again which is a bit of a pain. Going to the dealers next week so will see what they say. Maybe I better learn to sing!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

Ihave had the same problem twice now on my Sony DAB radio. It has self restored each time. Could this be a faulty batch of Sony DAB radios? or is it some software problem in the car? Unless the fault is on when you take it back to Ford what will they do about it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi

Just had the clicking speaker and no sound from Sony DAB radio/CD.

As above tried switching on / off a couple of times - no change. Left it for an hour and now ok.

Has anyone got an any answers or managed to show the fault to the dealer?

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it's a one off, but reading above I'm not convinced. Shame really as I've been really impressed with the DAB quality up to now.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had further problems with mine. About a month ago, the bloothtooth went pete tong as well. The stereo just kept saying searching and would not pair with any of the 3 phones set up with it. Took it to the dealer who replaced something with the bluetooth module and now all is working again. I think it still clicks as well though

JB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts