Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Ford kuga 2011 titanium auto
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i haven't owned my car long but i love it. I took it for a proper wash i paid £45 to get all done when i went back the man said all the windows were very dirty and the chrome had some sort of grey stuff on. He had cleaned one back tinted windows and a small piece of the chrome trim. He wanted another £40 because it would take an hour to do. I have tried white vinegar and auto cleaning stuff but nothing will shift it.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
You will have the MK1, do you know if the tinted windows are factory fitted or after market tints, when new, the tints weren’t standard on some models and only fitted as part of the “appearance pack” option which also included roof rails

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a factory tint the marks are on all of the windows. I just shows up more on the tints.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
You could try Methylated spirits, removes lots of stubborn residues, evaporates quickly, then a glass cleaner and is about £3 for 1/2 a litre, Try a test area first like rear quarter glass, I keep a bottle in my garage,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've found something that work and it's cost me no more than £5.

·
Premium Member
Kuga Titanium X 2014
72 Posts
Glad you found something that worked, on heavily dirty windows (kids & dogs are usually the culprits) I use interior cleaner on glass with some elbow-grease And finish with a glass cleaner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts