Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this sounds daft but can anyone tell me how to get the cigarette lighter unit out, the one between the drivers seat and the passenger seat. mine is not working and i need it for the sat nav

·
Registered
458 Posts
During my heater fan episode a few weeks back I took most of the dashboard out.
So, just had a look, passenger side foot well, right hand side under glovebox.
remove cap with a small screw driver, this reveals a TX30 screw (I think). remove said screw.
I am sure once the screw removed the plastic panel can be removed. It does tuck in well.
Shove the passenger seat fully back and you should have access to the cig lighter underside.
2 off female spade plugs. (tip: take a picture with a phone / camera BEFORE unplugging to ensure you know which wires go where).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
During my heater fan episode a few weeks back I took most of the dashboard out.
So, just had a look, passenger side foot well, right hand side under glovebox.
remove cap with a small screw driver, this reveals a TX30 screw (I think). remove said screw.
I am sure once the screw removed the plastic panel can be removed. It does tuck in well.
Shove the passenger seat fully back and you should have access to the cig lighter underside.
2 off female spade plugs. (tip: take a picture with a phone / camera BEFORE unplugging to ensure you know which wires go where).
thanks i will try that(y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
i know this sounds daft but can anyone tell me how to get the cigarette lighter unit out, the one between the drivers seat and the passenger seat. mine is not working and i need it for the sat nav
Change fuse F15 (20 A) in the fuse box located in the engine compartment

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Change fuse F15 (20 A) in the fuse box located in the engine compartment
hi fikri, i may sound a bit confused but why change the fuse to get the cigarette lighter out. im wanting to put a new lighter unit in to accomodate the usb plug for my sat nav i think my lighter socket has burnt out. thanks for any hep

·
Registered
2 Posts
I throught your cigarette lighter is not working

1 - 6 of 6 Posts