Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've got a 2013 Kuga Titanium with sync 1. Decided to upgrade and came across a company called Belsee who do a full upgrade with a tablet, dash panels and all leads. There is a video on YouTube of a guy with a 13 plate Kuga fitting the kit. Problem is they don't make that kit anymore and the one they have changed to is absolutely rubbish. The panels needed loads of modification to fit almost right, but not perfect. So word of warning if anyone orders from Belsee. The tablet is OK, but the poor quality panels means I'll be ripping it all out again in the next few days as it sets my OCD off.
PXL_20210516_121441799.jpg

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
496 Posts
Hi @Lenny welcome to the forum
its a shame the quality of the fit is awful and the colour match is way out, I think if it were me i’d get the Dremel out and do some fettling, don’t know what you do about the colour though.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
5,871 Posts
I would like to see their quality of control sheet.

Have you tried hitting hard (not with a hammer). My sync 1 top cover was really tight and extremely difficult to remove.

Here is my upgrade.

IMG_20210516_214254_061.jpg

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,540 Posts
Ouch that must be so frustratin'

·
5,871 Posts
I agree. I nearly went that route or something similar as I hated the sync 1 system. Not really sure why we got it as the Escape got sync 2 back in 2013.

The only thing that put me off the android option was I saw a couple on YouTube and the boot up time seemed a bit slow. A bit of a shame really with the OP's purchase as it looks like a nice upgrade over the sync 1 and better I think than the double din option using the connects2 fascia.

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,710 Posts
That's exactly why I went to Sync 2 instead of 1 of these.

Oh, that and the fact these are fugly!

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,620 Posts
Ours took a bit of fitting, being Android any app from the Play store runs on it which is why I got one.

Co-pilot sat nav is excellent and frequently updated.

Full screen share available from your phone.

Wouldn't go back to a small screen.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
To be honest, I've done a few of these upgrades myself (last one I did was on my CX7) and I've never seen such a misaligned, mismatched and generally awful fit. I'm guessing you did everything to fit it as best as humanly possible, so yeah, looks like you have a bit of modding, trimming and refitting in your future ;)

Reactions: keithmac

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ripped it out, the gaps were annoying me.
Back to square one and have a look at the connects2 system to fit a double din. Speaking to Belsee they say it should fit perfect but I've settled and adjusted and no luck.
I give up.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,799 Posts
Ours took a bit of fitting, being Android any app from the Play store runs on it which is why I got one.

Co-pilot sat nav is excellent and frequently updated.

Full screen share available from your phone.

Wouldn't go back to a small screen.

View attachment 7127
That does look neat but crickey Moses, it’s huge!

·
Registered
2016 Ford Kuga Gray 1.5 Eco boost.
3 Posts
Yeah i know it's a bit pain in the ars haha. I ended up putting screws on top to hold down the plastic gap at the front. I tried 3m taps, and headgun to change the shape a bit but useless. Drewling two holes with stainless steel bolts to hold it down is my final solution. Doesn't look good with two bolts on top but better staring with two gaps on the center console. Also the one i got firmware is a bit stupid lack of using steeringwheel button to make a phone call.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Yeah i know it's a bit pain in the ars haha. I ended up putting screws on top to hold down the plastic gap at the front. I tried 3m taps, and headgun to change the shape a bit but useless. Drewling two holes with stainless steel bolts to hold it down is my final solution. Doesn't look good with two bolts on top but better staring with two gaps on the center console. Also the one i got firmware is a bit stupid lack of using steeringwheel button to make a phone call.
Hi welcome to the forum, we need to see a picture of that install 👍

·
Super Moderator
1,710 Posts
Sounds great (y)

Oh, 👆 that's sarcasm right there, just in case you missed it!

·
Registered
2014 Zetec 2.0ltr
3 Posts
I would like to see their quality of control sheet.

Have you tried hitting hard (not with a hammer). My sync 1 top cover was really tight and extremely difficult to remove.

Here is my upgrade.

View attachment 7121
Hi smartguy69.
Im new to forum so any information would be great.
I have 2014 Zetec and I'm looking for retro fit for mine. Can you push me in the right direction please?

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
We never did that pic of post #11 😂

·
5,871 Posts
Hi smartguy69.
Im new to forum so any information would be great.
I have 2014 Zetec and I'm looking for retro fit for mine. Can you push me in the right direction please?
Hi @Aliton1016 and welcome to the forum. You may want to have a read of the following thread which was started by @andspenka who was the first on here, along with another @balders who did the conversion first from sync 1 to sync 2. They have both moved onto sync 3 now which is the better option if you can get a sync 3 screen cheap enough. My sync 2 screen cost me just £50. There are a lot of pages to read but if you start with the first pages and then from around page 25 you will get the gist of what is involved. In between is a lot of questions and a few moans by me lol.

The conversion is extremely time consuming, at least it was for me but am happy with what I have achieved and glad I did it. I couldn't have done it without having andspenka and balders to answer my queries. I did hours and hours of research as well to get my head around the wiring and programming. Strangely enough what I thought was going to be the easiest bit was actually the worst and that was getting the screen in exactly the right place as there is nowhere to fasten it to and just about everywhere you want to put a bracket, you can't. One of our other members fastened his screen to the front fascia plate which is a good option but I secured mine to the dash and I did spend a while making, bending and adapting brackets to suit. The pictures are all in the thread. Any questions then please post on the sync 2 retrofit thread.

·
Registered
2014 Zetec 2.0ltr
3 Posts
Hi @Aliton1016 and welcome to the forum. You may want to have a read of the following thread which was started by @andspenka who was the first on here, along with another @balders who did the conversion first from sync 1 to sync 2. They have both moved onto sync 3 now which is the better option if you can get a sync 3 screen cheap enough. My sync 2 screen cost me just £50. There are a lot of pages to read but if you start with the first pages and then from around page 25 you will get the gist of what is involved. In between is a lot of questions and a few moans by me lol.

The conversion is extremely time consuming, at least it was for me but am happy with what I have achieved and glad I did it. I couldn't have done it without having andspenka and balders to answer my queries. I did hours and hours of research as well to get my head around the wiring and programming. Strangely enough what I thought was going to be the easiest bit was actually the worst and that was getting the screen in exactly the right place as there is nowhere to fasten it to and just about everywhere you want to put a bracket, you can't. One of our other members fastened his screen to the front fascia plate which is a good option but I secured mine to the dash and I did spend a while making, bending and adapting brackets to suit. The pictures are all in the thread. Any questions then please post on the sync 2 retrofit thread.

Hey smartguy69
Blimey, wish I never asked now lol. No, really thanks for all the information. I have been in touch with an audio fitters in Southampton and they have given me a very reasonable price to fit one for me. I am hoping that I can go straight from the small screen to a large one, preferably a Ford sync 3 if possible.

Reading some of the other posts it is suggested that if I have emergency assistance then I should be able to go for the sync 3. I will most definitely keep you posted. Thanks once again for the information.

·
Super Moderator
1,710 Posts
Not to be cynical but have you explained the job fully to the audio fitter? Do they know there's a certain amount of dash cutting involved?

I may be proved wrong, but I'll be amazed if they go through with it once they work out what's involved. Sorry if that sounds negative.

Reactions: murcod

·
Registered
2014 Zetec 2.0ltr
3 Posts
Not to be cynical but have you explained the job fully to the audio fitter? Do they know there's a certain amount of dash cutting involved?

I may be proved wrong, but I'll be amazed if they go through with it once they work out what's involved. Sorry if that sounds negative.
Hi andspenka
Thanks for the warning. When I mentioned what I would probably buy, they told me that they had done this work before so I gather that they know what is involved. All beit they probably would not be held responsible for the outcome. They also ask for is a list of components and wire configuration so they can make up the male/female equivalent. Here's hoping. Thanks for your comments. I like the idea of all the warnings should I proceed.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Kuga Gray 1.5 Eco boost.
3 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum, we need to see a picture of that install 👍
7a9edaa6df6dc265955021e75c36539.jpg 1.jpg 325f9ce88461b8471eabc2286eed595.jpg 4.jpg
Sorry for a bit of delay. I think this is the best we can do for this type of tablit unit lol. I spent days trying to figure it out. Not the best looking solution but at least it holds and with minimum gaps from every angles. Probably just needs to buy some anti slip mats to cover up screws and make some use of that space to put a phone or something.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts