Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a demo-driven Titanium (driven for 1100km).
Took ut for my second drive this afternoon, and after half an hour, the lamp that indicates that the engine should be checked, switched on.

Stopped the car, and waited for three hours before I started the car again. The lamp is still lighting?

Do I have to take it back to the dealer (5 hours drive) for a check, or can I take the car to a local garage for a symptom scan?

Anyone experienced any similar problems?

Could it be related to the fact that it is minus 22 freecing degrees celsius outside?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would call the dealer first to see if there is any danger combined with driving those 5 hrs. I would gues that the light is there for a reason..

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I hope you got that fixed. I don't think I would like to take any chances with reliability in those type of freezing conditions. I guess you never leave home without some kind of survival kit?

If not fixed, check the brake switch is not staying on all the time, it was the fault that caused the same problem for bigtaz here:
http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=119

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he, he. Minus 20 is really cold, but not a problem at all. Must still be som viking-blood left in us norwegians.
Visited a Ford-dealer on Friday. Took a quick system scan that revieled that a small sensor (OVN-sensor???) had te be replaced. Anyway: it took the garage only five minutes to change the sensor and solve the problem

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Good news.
Must be still som viking-blood left in us Norwegians
Ha ha... or maybe it's the drinking of anti-freeze?

You Norwegians can do the extreme cold weather reliability testing for the forum, so keep posting your impressions of the Kuga, please. Meanwhile I will stay with the tapas in my local bar!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just remembered that i last christmas was in Finland with my old Focus. It started without a problem in -30°C. Was a bit bumpy to drive the first 10 kms as the dampers got very stiff in that cold. 

Just hope the Kuga will be just as easy in those temps..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts