Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 66 plate 2 Litre diesel Kuga with hydraulic clutch system, thepedal has started not returning at times when gear bchanging. there seems to be a point where the pedal sticks slightly, and sometimes it jams fully down to the floor. The fluid level is correct, and when pumping the pedal it never sticks. Has anyone had this problem? If so, what's the way to stop it?

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,423 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I have seen this a few times now. This could be the solution. The video is a bit long winded and is reference to the Mondeo but as the Kuga shares the same or very similar engine and gearbox to the Mondeo, could be relevant. If you don't want to watch the full video, come in at about 11 minutes and 14 minutes. The sticking pedal could be due to a broken O ring inside the pipe that fits to the slave cylinder.

Nightmare Clutch Fault, Mk5 Mondeo 2L Diesel - YouTube

Please have a read also of the link below and update your signature with information about your car to include manufacture year, exact model, fuel type etc. We do have members outside of the UK where 66 plate means nothing to them.

Welcome to the Forum, Please Read | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182PS 400Nm (T8MA) Manual Sync1
560 Posts
Like @smartguy69 mentioned you may need to bleed clutch. In my MK2 I have to use pleasure bleeder (foot pumping doesn't worked).
I changed brake fluid and I had this issue like you, pedal wouldn't go up. If you not touching anything it might be the problem with clutch master cylinder.

But you have to bleed clutch first then you will see.
I used syringe to create vaccum when I unscrew bleeder nipple in master cylinder. Other way it's force the pressure from reservoir.
Or just pumping by foot, but I don't think it might worked.

Something like this will work definitely:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts