Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Mk3 Kuga PHEV ST Line-X
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning All. Now I have a build conformation I feel it's time to look into getting the type 2 charging cable. I have looked at the ones linked from Ford's website but does anyone recommend any they deem to be of better quality or value for money.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good Morning All. Now I have a build conformation I feel it's time to look into getting the type 2 charging cable. I have looked at the ones linked from Ford's website but does anyone recommend any they deem to be of better quality or value for money.
Doesn’t your new car already come with two cables, one to plug into your mains and the other into an EV box?

·
Registered
Mk3 Kuga PHEV ST Line-X
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn’t your new car already come with two cables, one to plug into your mains and the other into an EV box?
I wasn't aware it had the 2 cables. I heard it only had the domestic 13A charging cable. I'll have to confirm it gets both with the dealer. Thank you for the heads up

·
Registered
522 Posts
We got both in our car delivered in May

Do consider whether a wall box is worth it considering the low charge rate for the Kuga, it is only 50% faster than the 13A charger

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello! My one got delivered with two cables (May). My wallbox also came with a tethered cable so I havent actually used any supplied with the car yet!

·
Registered
58 Posts
We also got the 2 cables delivered April, but was ordered September last year.Delayed with the battery issues.

·
Registered
2021 S/Silver Vignale 225 FWD PHEV
147 Posts
Ordered April (Vignale), picked up yesterday with 2 Cable's.

·
Registered
Mk3 Kuga PHEV ST Line-X
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With all these positive replies I'm confident I will get 2 too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
check with junkyards ( vehicle parts recyclers) for used charging cords from any wrecked Fusion Energi, C-Max Energi, or Focus Electric cars that were scrapped. this would be very affordable and also convinient for you

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just watching a review of the PHEV on YouTube. Did any get a case for there charging cables? I didn't.

·
Registered
2021 Kuga ST Line X PHEV
3 Posts
Hi I've just joined the forum, picked up my 2021 PHEV last Tuesday. I only got one cable, the 3 pin home charge one (the dealer told me that would be the case when I ordered). Does anybody have the Ford part number of the public charge cable as I need to order one

·
Registered
974 Posts
Although my Kuga is an Ex Demonstrator, it still came with both cables, in a poly bag. Thinking of putting cables in a small draw string type bag.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi I've just joined the forum, picked up my 2021 PHEV last Tuesday. I only got one cable, the 3 pin home charge one (the dealer told me that would be the case when I ordered). Does anybody have the Ford part number of the public charge cable as I need to order one
That doesn't sound right. Doesn't the brochure say it comes with both?

·
Registered
2021 Kuga ST Line X PHEV
3 Posts
That doesn't sound right. Doesn't the brochure say it comes with both?
I don't think so, the Brochure says this.....

"The PHEV battery is easy to recharge at most public charging points, alternatively, a domestic charging cable is supplied with the vehicle (as standard) and in addition to this Ford also offers an EVBox+ Elvi Wallbox solution (Accessory, available at additional cost)."

The dealer advised me when I ordered (1st week in May) that Ford had told them that they were stopping supplying the public charge cable with the cars. He told me that some new cars were still coming with them, some weren't so it was depending on where my car was in relation to Ford stopping supply. 50/50 chance and I was unlucky.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't think so, the Brochure says this.....

"The PHEV battery is easy to recharge at most public charging points, alternatively, a domestic charging cable is supplied with the vehicle (as standard) and in addition to this Ford also offers an EVBox+ Elvi Wallbox solution (Accessory, available at additional cost)."

The dealer advised me when I ordered (1st week in May) that Ford had told them that they were stopping supplying the public charge cable with the cars. He told me that some new cars were still coming with them, some weren't so it was depending on where my car was in relation to Ford stopping supply. 50/50 chance and I was unlucky.
That's really bad news for me owners.
Are new leads expensive?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts