Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm about to change my BMW X3 for a Kuga 2.0Lt with X-pack, Con pack, App pack, B/tooth and Det/towbar in Moondust Silver, any advice before I order would be appreciated.

·
Registered
374 Posts
No,if you have driven the Kuga, you will know the comparison first hand for the ford vs bmw. I would imagine ownership costs less? Only you will know which is better for YOU. But of course on this site I would hope you would only get positive feedback about the Almighy Kuga..... Just enjoy, its certainly much more than a car and judging by the spec you have ordered, you will enjoy its maximum luxury......ENJOY and GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Re : Comparison. X3 Vs Kuga.Thing I noticed is the BMW is bland and soul less it's whole designconcept seems to be based on abrick withwheels( withfar too much rubber) on each corner. Bob.

.................................................................................................................................................

Don't just follow the crowd . . . Be an individual . . . . . . Follow your heart.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments Guy's much appreciated.
I have to say I was seduced from my usual custom of buying Fordby the Beemer, but it is not all I thought it would be. although mechanicaly very good it lacks a certain something and yes it is rather bland inside.

I have driven the Kuga andlove the position of the short gear stick, right to hand, as are all the controls. Any info on the B/tooth system, is it any good, any problems, is it worth getting.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I find the bluetooth excellent although if you use the voice control you have to be very 'clipped' and precise. The woman behind the dash can be a bit awkward with me, obviously doesn't like my convent school English! She always does it for my husband though! Takes a bit of getting used to but when you are, superb.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Championkuga, Yes took the leap and ordered the next day 31st July,told it will besometime Sept. Still it has given me time to read all the threads on the site. I feel like I have had a K for months iv'e read that much about them.

PS. great site, great people realy feel part of the Kuga family.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just been dealt a body blow, Dealer informed me of build date, 30th Sept and delivery approx 20th Oct. Thats years away. Ordered end of July, is this a normal length of wait ?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi KugaKid

Don't give up hope. I ordered my Kuga third week in June and was told 12 weeks to delivery, however got a phone call from the dealer 25 July to say it had arrived, they gave me the choice of collecting immediately and having an 09 plate or waiting until September for a 59 plate, so I picked up my Kuga on 29 July.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Kugakid,
my dealer quoted me 8 weeks and it turned up on the very day he said.

but thats about all the dealer got right?

Slimus.
Edited by: Slimus

·
Registered
374 Posts
I am sorry you were dealt this. Mine ran like that but then went back to original build and delivery date. Please keep us informed. After being so good to dump the bmw behind i would have hoped for a rewarding purchase. Hopefully, like me, once you do actually have it (althought October is as you say, years away) you will enjoy and have fun, making up for this bumpy start........

KugaKid said:
Just been dealt a body blow, Dealer informed me of build date, 30th Sept and delivery approx 20th Oct. Thats years away. Ordered end of July, is this a normal length of wait ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Guys, Thanks for the responces, I'll live in hope of an earlier date like some of you. Still I think it will be worth the wait . I'm dying to see if the seat back trays are fitted as per the order. ( apologies to uptownbob )

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for getting your handle wrongbobuptown, I was daydreaming about October.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just hang on in there Kugakid, it will be worth it.

It was only in march /april this year when ford could not sell'em, now they are becoming more and more popular. Trays or no trays.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

New to this site so apologises I do something incorrectly!

I'm waiting for my new Kuga, just had a call my dealer and he's advised of a delivery date to them of 12th Sept, so I should have it about the 18th Sept.. all good.

Until he said that he's been advised that it won't have the seat back trays :eek:( as it's being built now and their internal memo thingy says they're no longer fitting them. Although of course when I ordered they told me that they would be included due to the car already being in the build process...

I asked about having them dealer fit and he's going to find out the cost but I'm rather disappointed as I really liked this option, would have been great for my son.

Any advice or recommendations?

x

·
Registered
156 Posts
hello Suziequick
Welcome to the forum. There is lots of posts on the rear trays, some have got them and don't particularly want them - others (bobuptown) are almost in tears because they weren't fotted.

According to one member (Kugace I think) said he has tried to remove his but reckons they are actually part of the seat not just screw ons. So retrofit doesn't seem likely. As I said there is lots of posts on this subject - spend an hour or two going through them.

Good luck & happy motoring.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi there,
picking up new kuga ,brilliant zetec or titanium if titanium find out in brochure if it has seat back trays and ask dealer.because you can bet your life it will come without.and then it will be the same old story, sorry but there is nothing you can do because of the disclaimer on the back of brochure .
kuga boy.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi suziequick,

welcome to the forum, with reference to the seat back trays I think my dealer mentioned in passing that they could be retro fitted but he was not prepared to do buckshee.
But I do not have this as fact as I was hoping for some compensation instead like some free roof cross bars or something but to luck.

How silly of me to think the dealer would care in the slightest.

Anyway you will love the beast.

Slimus.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks to all for the replies.

My Kuga is Titanium in Silver, with all the accessories, everything actually except for the toebar as I didn't need that! Look forward to getting it with or without the seat back trays, at least without them there will be a little more leg room in the rear, which is why I understand they were removed.

Suziequick

1 - 20 of 37 Posts