Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I had the message come up on the info screen yesterday "Change Engine Oil Soon!" The vehicle has only done 4660 miles its a 2.0l AWD Powershift Titanium X. I have booked it in with the local ford service centre who didn't make much of the warning! its booked in for next Monday and they assured me it will be ok to drive in the mean time! The error pops up now every time the engine restarts! even if its a start/stop cycle!

Has anyone else had this warning? I'm guessing its down to the DPF regen process! I only do approx 15 miles a day at most! as work is literally 4 miles away! However I do a longer distances at weekends (100 to 250 miles) didn't think the DPF would get clogged this early thou at only 4660 miles.

It s a Motability vehicle so Ford service will have to sort it one way or another whatever the cost! just hope it dosen't take too long!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Do you know when the car was built, as they set the oil life at 1 year or a set mileage, whichever comes first.
It will be ok to keep using until the oil change is carried out, provided it has enough oil in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My oil change light came on at 20,000 miles...main dealer must not of reset it at the 2 year service, Just turn ignition on and depress the break and throttle at the same time to reset it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
is it normal for a oil light to come on every 12 months to to date as mine has just come on again now after i had a part service on the 27th of September last year?/

·
Registered
4 Posts
SO IS IT THE NORM FOR THIS TO HAPPEN THEN?? AS IT LOOKS LIKE IT. I DONT EVEN DO THAT MANY MILES or is that the problem ? its not so cheap in the local garage to get this done every year,

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The "oil change required" warning will come on after the predetermined mileage or one year, whichever comes first. Then you need to either do a proper oil change and reset the IOLM, or just reset the IOLM and hope the oil is still in good condition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
how do you reset the IOLM whatever that is please?/ but this time around i will let the garage do what they do thanks tho

·
Registered
291 Posts
LUKOIL GENESIS SPECIAL FD 0W-30 (no.563116)
Price based on supplying up to 6 litres of oil as per your vehicle's specification and a replacement oil filter.
£72.60 Fully Fitted

You say Its not so cheap in the local garage to get this done every year, what have you been quoted? That quote for mine is at National tyre service and probably a search on Google will locate a voucher discount number to apply.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
Interesting to see that the warning is supposed to come on every 12 months as mine has not come on for over two years. Not being very knowledgeable about modern car electronics I was just waiting for it to come on before changing the oil. Is there any circumstance where the warning would not come on for this period of time?

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,458 Posts
Hi,
Interesting to see that the warning is supposed to come on every 12 months as mine has not come on for over two years. Not being very knowledgeable about modern car electronics I was just waiting for it to come on before changing the oil. Is there any circumstance where the warning would not come on for this period of time?
Dependent on car build time some Kugas are 2 yrly service and some 18 months, majority are 12500 miles and 12 months

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Hi,
You should change the oil as soon as you can.
If the oil is 2+ years old it won't be giving your engine much lubrication and protection.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will change oil today. I was aware of the oil change warning system and placed my trust in it to work but it didn't come on at 12 months or 24 and I haven't done 12500 since last change. Do I have a fault in the system somewhere?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts