Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, when i press my key fob once to lock the doors the indicators don't flash but the car locks. is this correct. if i press the fob twice the indicator flash twice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
When you press for the first time the doors just lock and the engine cant start. When you press for the second time you activate the alarm sensors for the cabin. In case that someone breaks the window the alarm is turned on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's the double locking feature which also prevents the doors from being opened via the inside door opening handles if some thieving oik tries to get in through the windows. You can disarm the internal sensors by pressing the button on the drivers door before arming the system. This is handy if you have a dog or child in the car if for instance you are buying fuel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
just picked mine up so this could be a RTBQ moment, but handbook says fuel filler flap locks on central locking, but mine doesn't seem to want to play. Is it me or the car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just tried to put the black plastic refuel bit into the fuel filler with the doors locked and it went in So question is again Is it my car or designed like this?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
The black plastic fuel filler adaptor is for emergency use, if you are having to use a jerry can or similar to add fuel. It defeats the easyfuel system built into the neck of the fuel pipe, which normally only lets the correct sized fuel nozzle to be used when filling the tank. This feature avoids mis-fueling! There are anti theft devices built into the filler further down the neck. So, keep the adaptor in the car, you won't need to use it unless you run out of fuel!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
2bannounced , I think yours is fine. no central lock on the fuel flap, just the easy fuel device. metal flap cannot be pushed down by hand but a fuel nozzle can do it. i have read elsewhere on the forum that there is 2 flaps one of which is further down to stop the local scum putting non derv juice in there. i dont understand this bit but if you have a look on here its there somewhere? sorry i cant be of more help, but regards your car i reckon everything is fine. BK

·
Registered
173 Posts
THE FUEL FLAP CAN ONLY BE PUSHED DOWN BY A DEISEL PUMP OR THE SPECIFIC ADAPTOR IN CASE YOU RUN OUT OF FUEL
AND HAVE TO USE A CAN, IT PREVENTS ACCIDENTAL FILLING WITH UNLEADED
FOR EXAMPLE , OR AN ATTEMPT TO SYPHON FUEL
FROM THE TANK, THEY WORK
I HAVE TRIED BOTH.
( ON MY OWN CAR JUST TO MAKE SURE THEY WORK, NO OTHER KUGA WAS INJURED IN THIS PROCESS.)
Edited by: the Bear

1 - 13 of 13 Posts