Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I would be grateful for some advice. My kuga has had a problem in that the right hand side driver and passenger doors dont lock with the key. I have to use the manual key. Occasionally the doors do lock ok with the key. Also the electric windows only open occasionally.
I lived with this for a while until one day the car refused to start - nothing at all when pressing the power button. I checked and re charged the battery, and then got a local garage to look at it. They didnt have the specific ford diagnostic to solve the starting problem so i had to take it to a ford dealer.
So i took it to the ford dealer here in France who diagnosed the need to replace a central module. This was expensive - around 800 euros. Collecting it this morning, we found the right hand doors still didnt lock and the right hand windows didnt operate. The dealer said the starting problem is fixed - has now said the module had to be replaced anyway but it will be another 400 euros for a regulator.
I am really worried about having to shell out more and yet the problem persists.
Any advice appreciated

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum lots of helpful folks on here to help you with your question Im sure someone here could help you ,,but could you let us know what spec kuga you have and what year,it could help to identify the problem you are having.You can put the details of your kuga in your signature that way when you need advice you don’t need to repeat your self.

Ross

·
Registered
494 Posts
Ditto Ross J.

Makes any request easier for people to assist you with your problem.
Sounds like the Ford dealers in France get trained as the Ford dealers in the UK ......……………...not very well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts