Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had my kuga tit since march and the drivers carpet mat is looking very worn,i have red before about the carpets but not the carpet mats wearing, also looking a bit worn under the clutch pedal only done 2400 from new

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi kugace hope you mean titanium
or are you that displeased with your beast
lol

regards Graham
Edited by: the Bear

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
Purchased my Kuga 4 weeks ago, gone in for repair at Dealers (T Walls Dudley). 240 volt power socket faulty, rear hatch catching on roof rails when opened and the clutch pedal is wearing the carpet away which will turn into a hole. Dealer as now contacted Ford Uk because they have looked at their 3 other cars they have forsale and they are the same. Watch this space, had lots of Fords, never had any probs.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
things go from bad to worsei reversed into another car off my drive,my poor baby,put a nice crease in the side of an alfa,no one could believe it as i have parking sensors on the car too busy listening to music did not here them and as you no the back winscreen is small.took it into the ford body shop today £201 to respray the bumper 3.5 hrs labour.he said then he spotted the bumper was raised by 1mm and said he could put a bit of heat on it but this would cost me another 2hrs labour £65,if he put a new bumper on i would have to wait 6-8 weeks ,getting dentmaster to look at the other guys car they said around £100 which is ok,not worth claiming on the insurance,i have to pay the first £300,spoke to the salesperson she said bring it in and see what revive will charge they are always touching up cars at the dealership i mean paint work nothing else

·
Registered
173 Posts
Kuga ace I'm shocked, bet you are kicking yourself or at least some one should be,going to report you to the RSPCK
lol

hope you didn't say fancy running in to you to the other guy
sorry couldn't resist

regards Graham

·
Registered
155 Posts
surprised by the 6-8 weeks for a new bumper. I had someone drive into the back of me, it didnt create a lot of damage, just some scuffs to the skip plate on the rear bumper. They just replaced the entire bumper. It was in the repair shop for 6 days of which 2 was waiting for the the new bumper.

·
Registered
212 Posts
very angry with myself,i said sorry to the guy,he was ok about it,said what a nice car it was,is it a new bmw? this just upset me more,as last week i scuffedmy 19 inch wheel,i should be reported your right.my wife smiled that night when i told her,she lent the car the other week and when she came back i inspected the car,i have banned it from supermarkets.WarKuga did very well to get the car repaired in 6 days,i took it to polarford bodyshop stockport,what was te cost of the new bumper £400?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I dont know what the cost was? As the other party was totally at fault, all costs are over to him and I havent seen any of it. When I spoke to the repair shop they said that the cost of treating the scratched bumper, removing it, respraying it and then refitting is not cost effective against just replacing. I would suspect the whole job wass under £400 though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, Everyone
Keep an eye on your carpet below your clutch pedal, mine is wearing as statedon a previous post, the pedal hits the carpet.The Dealer and my self have been onto Ford and i am still waiting fora responce of what they are going to do. I know that a lot of other Kuga'shave the same problem, which will look naf in time to come so can all owners look attheir carpets and if damaged contactFord to resolve this problem, the more people that complain the more likely something will get done to all our cars.

Baggies

·
Registered
11 Posts
18000 miles or 10 miles the pedal should not wear the carpet on £22,000 car. Company car owners do not apply as they could not give a monkeys. A tit model at my dealer as worn more than mine and done less miles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have 58 plate Titanium with 12,000 on it and yes mine is wearing too..I gotta say the carpet in these are a bit cheesy for what they cost and the fact its a AWD...you would have expected it to be thicker than normal

·
Registered
106 Posts
if you dont get anywhere with ford customer care ( which you probably wont) try complaining to the society of motor manufacturers and traders ( 08707518270 ) its the industries governing body

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
baggies said:
18000 miles or 10 miles the pedal should not wear the carpet on £22,000 car. Company car owners do not apply as they could not give a monkeys. A tit model at my dealer as worn more than mine and done less miles.
That's some sweeping statement you made there baggie! Some of us company car drivers are actually different to others.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes you got it,SOME company car drivers and thats not many. So will put you in the SOME category, sorry Gazwats butthe carpetall round is pretty shabby, look at the side of the foot wells by the foot well lights they have even painted the insulation blackbehind the carpet to hide the bad fitting of the carpet because the insulation is white. Ford need to re think the carpet on such a expensive car. Very disappointed with Ford and i have had quite a few different Ford Cars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts