Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

281 - 300 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
Hi kiethmac, the bit in your picture I think is the carb drain screw and not choke, so I already have this kit in, both carbs

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,445 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Hi kiethmac, the bit in your picture I think is the carb drain screw and not choke, so I already have this kit in, both carbs
Yeh just go for jets, didn't realise you'd bought a gasket kit.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
Hi kiethmac, the jets are on ebay, pilot jets in carbs are 37.5, the rebuild kits I put in include all gaskets /"O" rings/air pilot screw/float needle and seat, I can get jets but not starter jet/emulsion tube, but they do look ok, would main jets help starting problem though? Pics to follow of mains and to show smartguy what I mean about unreadable, also you can see the 145 jet is bigger than the other ( doesn't mean that they aren't reamed)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
Pic one starter/emulsion, you can see holes are clear and pilot jet, pic 2 main jets

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Emulsion tube will go again but those main jets look dodgy, I wouldn't put the top one anywhere near your carbs!.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
Yeah it does look dodgy, I can find some jets, all the dimensions are the same except the diameter of the head mine being 6mm the ebay ones are 8mm, I can't see it making any difference, they are identical in every other way, what do you think?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
Just ordered new main jets , should arrive before weekend but will they help non starting?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
Will someone give me a kick up the backside, not got main jets yet so I've not tried to start it yet, but I know one reason it wouldn't start, I'm extremely embarrassed to say that when I checked the resistance in the ignition coil I got front and rear connectors the wrong way round when putting it back together, what an idiot!!!!! So it was sparking in the wrong cylinders at the wrong time, :LOL:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 · (Edited)
New jets fitted , no change, Just spent 3 to 4hours stripping/ cleaning carbs, had them to the last nut and bolt, checked every hole/passages/orifice, all clear, all put back together but haven't got the heart to try it because I don't think I can stand the disappointment when it doesn't start again 😟

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
You have to bite the bullet at sometime, so it may as well be now.
Can you check the Ignition and firing order first, just a double check.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
Thanks for reply Ozekuga, just feeling a bit despondent yesterday, I've had my hopes up many times then ended up disappointed with the results, still life goes on, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, I will not give up. Timing strobe was used to find my mistake of getting wires crossed on coils, as far as I know the timing is fixed and can't be moved, the only way for it to be out would be lf the "flywheel " had come loose or sheared it's key or pickups moved somehow, strobe says timing ok, regards Ian

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Best of luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I've had nightmare jobs that have dragged on a lot longer than anticipated and ended up fixing much more than first thought.

Just keep going and you'll get there in the end!.

My gearbox job on the Kuga was one of "those" jobs but stick at it and eventually you'll have a decent outcome.

Enjoy the pub!.

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
I think retro fit sync 2 was mine and know now why andspenka replaced the dash with one from a later car. Its possibly quicker because there is no procedure to mount the screen in fresh air coupled with limited mounting mounts for brackets that don't interfere with the front panel, top panel and air vents. I reckon most who do this on Kuga and C-max just support the screen with foam and wedge it in which is what I did with mine until recently when I thought I best make this look a more professional job.

Reactions: Cookieman

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 · (Edited)
Hi, pub was good therapy, first time out since last lockdown, I didn't have too many. I will try and get to bike later (if she will let me) Ps just discovered new area for carb parts, Yamaha vmax 1200 appears to share a lot of parts and not as rare as mine

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
Just got it started, refuses to start on "choke", when warmed up (after sniff of carb cleaner) runs great, ticks over nice, revs freely, starts at the touch of button, all good except cold start 🤔 any ideas?

281 - 300 of 334 Posts