Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, does anyone know if there's a way of safely fitting 3 car seats (for new born/4years/6years) in the rear seat of a Kuga?

I love my Kuga (2017) and would ideally like to keep when baby arrives but I can't really find any answers, even the man I spoke to at Ford garage didn't know and emailed car seat manufacturers but had no luck. I knew a mum who had 3 boys and a Kuga so surely she managed it but not sure how.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am in the same boat, I have a son already who is in a booster seat now and found out recently we have twins on the way so I’ve been trying to look into his tight it will be in the back as his booster will need to be in end centre seat

·
Super Moderator
2,637 Posts
There is sadly no safe way of fitting three approved child seats into a Kuga. My daughter had to ditch her car and move to an s-max which has three sets of Iso mounts.

·
Super Moderator
2,637 Posts
Sorry to say, you are correct. There is simply no safe way to put 3 ISOFIX child seats into a Kuga. Do take a look at the S-Max my daughter is absolutely delighted with hers and she picked it up two years old for a bargain price from a Ford main dealer.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Check out Galaxy and S-Max. They are the same apart from the rear seats and rear roofline (and a few cosmetics). S-Max looks nicer but 2 adults can survive a long journey in the back of a Galaxy. Not sure how they compare on price. My Galaxy 2.0 tdci is now on 213K miles :)
Bob

·
Registered
2021 Black ST-Line FHEV (70 plate) SYNC 3.4
63 Posts
As others have said, sadly it’s not possible get 3 child seats in the back, not even in the new MK3 Kuga. Only option would be to have 2 ISOfix seats in the back and one seat in the passenger seat fixed with the seatbelt and with the airbag switched off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a booster seat in the middle of mine with child seats either side (on my Focus)
That looks like the route I’m going to be going down with twins on the way, booster in the middle for my 10 year old and 2 car seats either side, I’m just not sure if a double pram will fit in the Kuga boot anyone tried this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.