Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Premium White 2018 Kuga ST 183BHP Auto 4x4
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my car insurance renewal it went up by £200 thats a 30% increase contacted them and they would not reduce price. So much for less accidents and reduced mileage during Covid.

Even going on comparison sites the prices were not much better, seems like they have all had I meeting and decided that they are all going to charge the same.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Same here mine went up with LV I‘m now with ensure I went through go compare and free £250 excess..that was last September.

·
Registered
437 Posts
My renewal came in last week, an increase of £40, that's kind of normal nowadays I think, it's how they do business, no customer loyalty. I went on a comparison site and got quotes, phoned my current insurer and they matched it all bar a fiver. £182 for the year, 2 drivers, all the usual extras including NCB protection.

·
Registered
782 Posts
As a rule of thumb, I thing £500 per year combined : road tax (£145 last yr) & insurance.

Includes business use which adds a bit.

Think I'll budget a bit more this tome round. (April)

·
Registered
2017 Mk2 Titanium 180 AWD, manual, Frozen White, Sync2, Black BBS 17" wheels, convenience pack
206 Posts
my renewal was £9 more and I was involved in a no fault claim which wrote my car off and got a similar spec replacement

·
Registered
Premium White 2018 Kuga ST 183BHP Auto 4x4
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had my house burgled !8 mths ago they got keys and stole car, that was my fault according to insurance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My Kuga insurance was due on the 19th March and with one non-fault small claim with full recovery it went up from £346.85 to £349.91 with Hastings Direct (broker) ....
I always price compare every year because I know that if I come back to Hastings they will try and beat it...
On the comparison site I got a policy with exactly the same excesses and cover, NCP, hire car etc with Aviva Insurance for £244.22p.
I rang Hastings and give them their due they came down quite a bit but could not get close to it...... So Aviva for 12 months with the cheapest fully Comp I have had for some time. I did switch as soon as I got the Hastings renewal 3 weeks before. Perhaps the fact that the car insurance underwritrers have made a substantial profit over the past 2 years from the drop in accident claims and car thefts meant I was lucky getting an exceptional deal during lockdown?

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,342 Posts
Car Insurance.....legalised fraud.....goes up year on year even without a claim.....bugs me to death😡
Direct Line ran a scheme lately where you sent them a photo of mileage as during lockdown people where driving less so at renewal time there would a benefit of a cheaper policy, well mine came in early April, car done 1500 miles on an 8k mile declaration on policy, and went UP.........sharp kicked them into touch

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,445 Posts
I've always moved insurance companies to the cheapest quote, everyone who gives their original insurer a second chance to price match cheaper quotes is compounding their practice of price hiking imho.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If at all possible. Shop for you insurance with a local broker.
One, it keeps local business on the high st.
Two, most importantly. Face to face dealing will build up a rapport. You’ll get your claim sorted a **** of a lot quicker, should you need to claim.
Mine and a colleagues car were written off in our workplace car park. By some uninsured little [email protected]
I was paid out in 3 days. Got £1500 more than I was expecting for my car (paid a nice deposit on my ST Line X). All thanks to the lovely staff at the broker, doing the ringing around.
My colleague, took 3 weeks to get sorted. His online insurance were useless, they simply were not in a rush to sort things out for him.

Also helps my Mrs is a insurance broker for a local business. 😀

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
No local broker around here ,so on line it is.

·
Update Ninja
3,342 Posts
If you qualify Ross (😉), try Saga, last month I got a competitive price with price guaranteed for 3 years if I stay with them

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I tried Saga a few years ago and they were more expensive than any other company,,at the moment I’m with Ensure.mines not up until September

·
Update Ninja
3,342 Posts
Same here with Saga, never had a decent quote but come up trumps this year

Reactions: Ross J
1 - 14 of 14 Posts