Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was thinking of buying a frozen white 2wd zetec kuga. i've seen big discounts for this model on the web with the cheapest coming in at just over £15k. what should i do any advice. i have a budjet to stick to. anybody found cheaper,delivery time important

·
Registered
84 Posts
Personally i picked a couple of national dealers - lookers and directford that seemed to have offers onplus three local dealers, asked for their best price on what i wanted and then spent a week ringing each in turn to beat eachothers offers until there was only one left. Would have tried drivethedeal type internet brokers but wasnt sure they would do privilege.
mike

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i looked up the sites you mentioned but prices are £16.5k upwards. drive the deal is around 15200 and deal drivers much the same. why is there such a big difference

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was lucky!!

We paid less than what you would for a Zetec. It was purcahsedthough Evan Halshaw, though hadto negotiate hard for it.

Wemanaged to purchase a Sea Grey Ford Titanium with an Appearance pack, DAB radio, upgraded 18 inch alloys, Pure Guard Spray Protection (worth £400), GAP cover (worth £200), free KUGA mats, free tank of diesel ...... All for £16k.

This included a discount of 2k as family member works for ford.

Ask aboutalready built vehicles (can be available within a week). The garage allegedly made a loss on this vehicle.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
smc said:
thanks, i looked up the sites you mentioned but prices are £16.5k upwards. drive the deal is around 15200 and deal drivers much the same. why is there such a big difference

If you look at Drive the deal, there is a message in the grey box as you begin to search, saying that the prices are for in stock cars only. You can put what you like in the options etc, but they cant supply them at those prices unless Ford have onethat matches in stock.

If they do have what you want, then they seem to be about £200-300 cheaper than dealers willdo them for directly - I went for the dealer option as they are local if there are any problems.....

Mike

·
Registered
173 Posts
I ordered mine from drive the deal.com and the model i've bought is the titanium, frozen white with appearence pack, bi-xenon headlights, 18" alloy's and front and rear park assist which if confirgured on the ford website comes in at £22,000 and with the extras i've paid £17990. If i hadn't ordered any extras it would have been £16,500 which at the time of ordering a few weeks ago was the best price anywhere. Mine is factory order and the extras were discounted too.

My local dealer would not budge on price whatsoever and would have been quite happy to sell me a car with the spec i've now ordered for £22,500+. It was a no brainer for me. Drive the deal won it easily and the service has been brilliant, am just waiting for delivery now..

G

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just a quick extra to confirm what Mike posted before me with regards to drive the deal. It seems they have changed slightly with orders after 4th Feb, i was lucky enough to order mine on 30th Jan. They obviously have so many in stock that they are trying to shift them. The only thing to do is to phone them andask, they are very helpful. Good luck. G

·
Registered
84 Posts
FYI, ive mentioned elsewhere i (hopefully) got a metallic Zetec with convienience pack and roofrails for 10000 and my px which had been valued at 4-5000. The cars i was offered were all cars they had in stock but were to be 09 reg.

My local dealer matched the others all the way to the last £200 at which point they gave up. Definately worth phoning around getting a selection of starting best offers and then selecting a few and playing them off against eachother. You will get some who just are not interested and others who will say - come back to us and we will try to beat anyone else. Archers of Ashby always have a good deal but interestingly wouldnt then add to it whereas Lookers dropped around abuot another 600 from already discounted price during negotiations. When i finally made a decision told them to throw in mats and i would pay deposit then and there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm getting a web quote of 15310 from deal drivers. i haven't spoke to them.(kuga 2wd frozen white zetec). i'm only a mere peasant and have no ford friends. what do you think of this price. did you beat it

·
Registered
84 Posts
Seems reasonable to me compared to other offers on the web but im no expert. "What car"has next best being ukcardiscount at 15500, you could always contact them and see if they will beat drivethedeal, shepshedford say 15450 which might be pre-registered car not sure? You might also want to check delivery time. Good luck
mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts