Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having spent the last two years waxing and buffing my ST's from dusk til dawn (won a number of show and shine competitions last two years) it will be a relief to not have to go to such extremes for a show season............

Still its going to need cleaning so the following is a must ::)

Clay bar kit - for when its due

Carabena wax

Blackfires polished Bliss polish

Wonderwheels tire shine

And of course the usual micro fibre cloth's :)

What do you use then folks?

Edited by: Griff

·
Registered
731 Posts
I use Autoglym, for the tyres, paintwork and glass. I do spend alot of time washing and waxing. (Not in this cold weather though!)
My partner thinks I'm bonkers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have been using Autoglym Shampoo then rinsing with Fenwicks Bobby dazzler as recommended by Martychoc in the attached post:

http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=288

I found that theproduct isso quick and easy to useand makes the Kuga so easy to clean the next time ( The dirt just washes off with little or no elbow grease! ) a real bonus as I choose a Frozen white Kuga ( White cars only look good clean! )

·
Registered
731 Posts
Kugameister,
kuga looks well loved and very very clean. Is it harder to keep clean than black, assuming that you've owned a black car in the past!!

I owned a black C-Max Ultima and was ever having to wash it, it didnt have mudflaps which didn't help. (Had bodykit so couldn't get any to fit it).

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think my cleaning product will outshine them all - I use my hubby!!! He is a professional valeter!! As far as chemicals are concerend he always uses autoglym (both at work and at home).

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Dragon Wings.
Welcome to the Kuga Owners Club!.

My husband as to be bullied into washing the car, it's easier for him being 6' 2", he canreachthe roof, then I run off and leave him to it!!!!

I use Autoglym too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello Kugacat,
Welcome to the club!

The Kuga is the wifes car, but you are right we both reallyenjoyowningthe car.

Never before have we owned a car that puts as many smiles on our faces.

Wealso had a black Focusa couple of cars agoand this is the first White car we have owned. I would say that the white gets more dirty in the winter but seems to stay cleaner in the summer months ( it dosent show any watermarks )

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Kugameister,
Thanks for the welcome.

I was grining like a cheshire cat when I drove the Kuga awhile back, suffering from withdrawal symptoms now though, I'm going to go back to the dealer to get another 'fix' shortly!!!!!Hopefully I won't have to waittoo long before I have my own Kuga.

White does look stunning when it's clean just like black, but I guess they are both equally hard work.

Griff was saying that he's won some shows with his car, I took my blue Puma to Ford Fair in Oxford. When I drove into the car park I was asked by one of the Stewards if I was parking or showing, I was really, really chuffed. All that hard work keeping it clean and someone noticed!! Brilliant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts