Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a couple of occasions I have found I am unable to open the nearside rear door on a 2017 Model. The car has keyless entry, all other doors work ok. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just checked again, still no access. You can hear the Solenoids working on the other doors but not the errant door.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Warranty repair, back to dealer

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
phoneman said:
Warranty repair, back to dealer
Looks that way. The door has unlocked a couple of times today although currently it won't open! Being intermittent, it may be difficult to tack down. I will talk with the dealer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fault disappeared for a few weeks but now the Door won't Lock nor will the Window Open. Great let's get it booked in. Took the Car into Ford dealer today and typical everything is working. It would appear that there is some commonality with the Door not Unlocking, Door not Locking and Window not Opening maybe a poor connection in the door panel. Just hope they can find the problem otherwise it could be weeks / months before the fault reoccurs.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
The fact the window didnt work too should give them something to work on in that its affecting both electrical circuits. Was window not working at drivers and locally on the door too?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fillco said:
Was window not working at drivers and locally on the door too?
The Window wouldn't open from either the Drivers Controls nor Locally. The only thing I don't know is if the Window wouldn't open when the Door wouldn't open. I only found about the Door not locking when I was looking for a door / Window not locking / Closed properly due to not seeing the double flash of the indicators.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I'd guess they will check the integrity of the connectors with the door panel off along with the door module. Door module is powered from F6 (25amp) in rear fuse box BTW if Ford haven't altered the circuits.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just as I thought; "we can't find anything wrong" was the Technicians answer. Apparently there were no Fault Codes Showing, all connections have been checked, no faults found.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Not good. Hopefully they swung on the cables etc while the panel was off.

I guess it doesn't unlock with the remote too as well as it not doing so with keyless?

Only thing thats common twixt locks and window, is supply (positive and negative) and door module, and shared connectors.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hold the press, they've just parked the car up ready for collection and the fault has reappeared!! Car being held overnight, work to continue in the morning!Edited by: DPGH

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update - Dealer found a broken pin / socket on a multi way connector. A new wiring loom as been ordered!

·
Super Moderator
2,188 Posts
Good job it's under warranty. Pins in sealed connectors don't break without 'help', touch of the 'ham-fist' I think.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NigelB said:
Good job it's under warranty. Pins in sealed connectors don't break without 'help', touch of the 'ham-fist' I think.
Customer Service recons it happened when the car was built and mentioned the possibility of lack of grease. Time will tell if it fixes the problem although he feels confident that a new harness will solve the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On a couple of occasions I have found I am unable to open the nearside rear door on a 2017 Model. The car has keyless entry, all other doors work ok. Anyone else had this problem?
Customer Service recons it happened when the car was built and mentioned the possibility of lack of grease. Time will tell if it fixes the problem although he feels confident that a new harness will solve the issue.
Hi i am having the same problem did this resolve your issue if so do you no what it was that was replaced

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took my car to dealer and they found that the socket connection inside the grommet was oxidated due to water existence. Then I found this post and another link with the same issue in a Youtube Video:
I wanted share my experience. Probably due to badly shaped grommet , bad fit in production or metal surface that grommet is placed over is not smooth and as a result this fault allowing water inside during car wash etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts