Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 2.0 TDCI Zetec 4x4
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Ive got the EML up on my 2006 2.0tdci so tried to see what was going on with FORDscan and a OBD cable which I bought for my 2016 mondeo. However, it does not seem to work, I get this error message that no cable is detected. Do I need a different cable for the older Kuga? Pics below (I think!)
Gadget Communication Device Operating system Font Mobile device
Camera accessory Finger Font Gadget Wrist
Automotive lighting Gesture Finger Wood Audio equipment

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,373 Posts
The message on Forscan is because it's not detecting your adapter. Have you used that adapter on the laptop? It would be worth checking to see if there are any updated drivers on Tunnelrat website.

Reactions: Tommk4

·
Registered
2008 2.0 TDCI Zetec 4x4
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The message on Forscan is because it's not detecting your adapter. Have you used that adapter on the laptop? It would be worth checking to see if there are any updated drivers on Tunnelrat website.
Ah, I haven’t used the adapter with that laptop. Didn’t think about drivers! I’ll have a look. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,741 Posts
@Tommk4 - if after downloading the driver you can check if it's installed correctly by doing the following.

I assume your have windows 10.

Connect the ELM to your laptop
Right click the windows start button bottom left of the screen
Click device manager
If your ELM has the right driver it will appear in ports

If it's not in ports and you have something listed in "OTHER" then the driver isn't installed for the device.

To install driver click on whatever is listed in other and click update driver
Click browse my computer for drivers
Click let me pick from list
Click whatever appears in the box on the next screen, should be usb
Click next

That should find the right driver for your device.

·
Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
2,041 Posts
Smarty came to my rescue too mate.
Drivers not installed.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,741 Posts
A few on FORScan as well. It's easy to become complacent with devices as windows usually finds drivers for most things you plug in. My new laptop found my OBDLink straight away but the cheap ELM I have had for years I had to load the driver manually.

Some people struggle to install the FORScan licence which is why I wrote a walkthrough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts