201 - 220 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Also have 2 wires missing on the opposite side
grey/yellow like above
and brown/purple
(there's also a 3rd missing which i know is red 12v power from Fuse 25 rear fuse box)
i have asked the guy if he had hands free opening and just hoping the extra 2 wires on each side of tailgate loom are for them,
big thanks for all help so far

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Just asked the guy i purchased tailgate from and he has confirmed he has handsfree and keyless entry hoping these 2 extra wires are for there
Yes sorry i gave you link for wiring diagrams cheers mate

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
would etis give me the info i need as dont wont to pay and it gives half info, you know#?

·
2,869 Posts
would etis give me the info i need as dont wont to pay and it gives half info, you know#?
With your VIN and the VIN from one fitted with the tailgate from the factory it should. I've never tried ETIS though.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Looks like im missing the grey/yellow wire from Center Stack Switch Assembly (circled red)= Is that the dash power boot switch below heater controls?
Looks like it will work on rear buttons and possibly remote BUT if i dont run a wire from front switch that button will be just for show, see below

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Right i have 5 wires missing
1 red power lead from F25 = easy fix this 1
2 more are for the LED rear lights which i dont have SO these dont bother me..!!
1 is the grey/yellow which i believe is from the dash switch, maybe will leave this out if it works on remote fob and trunk switch
last wire is brown & violet which is Liftgate Ajar which both come off BCM no.47 pin but on manual liftgate its yellow & orange wire that goes straight to liftgate latch, as where no.47 pin from BCM on power liftgate breaks off and goes to tailgate lift module, both diagrams below..
I hope the bootlid handle latch are the same.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I would have though 2.5mm 30AMP wire would be fine. It shouldn't be less than the fuse supply but then I don't know if it should be greater than the fuse supply.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
right got me hands on 25amp square fuse
and a 6.3mm spade connector just for testing purposes gonna wire up and see what happens

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i take it its for interence like you would have in some audio??
It's usually twisted around what it is supposed to shield. You will probably find you canbus wires are a twisted pair as well.

·
2,869 Posts
Yes, it would be to stop electrical or RF interference. The shield would normally be earthed AFAIK.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Have a view of this.

I bought these.

You can sometimes use a safety pin. Hair grips are exceptionally good. Grind them down to suit. All that stops the pins from coming out is a little tab which needs bending back.

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
386 Posts
Reactions: smartguy69
201 - 220 of 242 Posts