Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

181 - 200 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Right picked up the complete boot lid yesterday and everything is there.
have compared the 2 looms (pic below) and the donor loom has 3 extra wires, i take it i need the red wire to power the liftgate module? from back of F25 to the plug in roof?
I have chased it down the loom and it goes into the module !
the other 2 wires probably for foot sensor for boot???

Attachments

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Can't help you with that one. It could be the connection for your liftgate module or possibly for towbar dedicated wiring. Hopefully on of the guys who have fitted their own towbar with the dedicated wiring kit can confirm or deny the last bit.

On the subject of your wire query in post 183 the fuse is 25AMP so any cable coming directly off that needs to be rated to at least that. 2.5mm cable is rated for 29amps but suggest you check. We have someone on here who is trying to fit a camera to his mk3 and he fits trackers etc in cars so he should be able to confirm. I had a similar issue with my sync 2 conversion and measured the wire diameter with a vernier guage and then investigated from there.

@TPAC - Can you confirm if 2.5mm wire is ok for a 25AMP fused circuit.

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
386 Posts
It’s not for the towbar, I fitted the genuine Ford kit to mine and there’s no connection to that plug. I have the same one with nothing connected to it.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Wired up the new loom just now and I have lost camera ??? Seems on mine there 8 pins/wires and on the new loom there is 5 and also a brown fakra connection??
Must be 2 different cameras? For 2013 to 2016 models?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
You could always run 3 wires in that you are missing. The pins are available through ford but they will be expensive judging on what other forums have said in general about ford pins and pigtail kits.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
My roof loom harness has 16 pins
New boot loom has 14 pins but also the fakra so take that and the 2 missing away leaves 3 extra pins for camera then so a couple of meters of cable and piggybacks then

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
So I need 3 wires to add to new loom and spades is it called that go in there ?
Is it only ford that sell or is there somewhere else I could get the little spade thingy

Attachments

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I am only guessing as I don't know for sure. For all I know ford could have used fakra for the rear camera in 2013.

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
386 Posts
Is this inside the boot? There are Fakra connectors above the headlining for the radio aerial.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
On my 2013 when I fitted the 10.4" screen I had to make a Fakra to phono conversion wire to get the rear camera working.

My loom aftermarket screen loom would have worked on your car it seems as the break out wiring came directly from the screen connector (no Fakra like mine).

It seems you have same boot loom as my 2013.

·
2,869 Posts
For electrical pin/ terminal part numbers have a search for old posts by me where I retro fitted the UK Cat 1 alarm system and steering wheel paddle shifters. I found the required terminals and they're quite likely the same.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
My roof loom has 2 wires missing from the other new loom, 1 wire i have chased to plug to strut black & white pin 7..?
and the other wire grey/yellow then turns into black wire which goes into pin 4 on module...
would these be needed does anyone think??
Module has pins 1,3,4,7,8,10 & 14 im hoping the extra cable is maybe for handsfree..???
pics below

Attachments

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I think the forum may go quiet on you now as we just don't know. I think you need to have a look at a car which has the wiring in place or another member to confirm the wiring they have for each part confirmed with pin numbers and wire colours. I have had a look at the wiring diagrams but its difficult to interpret on a 11.6" screen.

181 - 200 of 242 Posts