Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Is this as easy as buying a power boot strut and loom?
or are there other modules etc i would need

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
450 Posts
There are other components but you could possibly get it to work with just the power feed and boot opening button.

The OEM one has a button inside under the heater controls and it also opens with a double press on the remote, it may be possible to program it in with Forscan but it would be dependant on if there are any additional modules required.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you part numbers for the button ?
Is there also a button on the actual boot to close it or do you use the 1 near heater

·
Registered
936 Posts
You can do both, factory and aftermarket. Factory is (much) more expensive, requires reprogramming and is smoother/better. Aftermarket is cheaper, mostly plug-n-play and a smidgen easier to do. Both require the same amount of hours to install.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right i have found the part number for the switch in the heater controls AM5T-14B436-AB £66.84 from Ford
So thats the switch i have checked my 12 pin plug in loom and it has all the pins there
So you only need 1 power strut is that correct part CV44-S402A55-AF..?
and a tailgate button? TAILGATE PUSH BUTTON SWITCH 1L2T14K147AA ..?
Would i also need a BOOT POWER CONTROL MODULE GJ5T-14B673-AH..?
And i take it i would need wiring harness from module to switch in boot and too strut

·
Registered
936 Posts
These are all necessary, plus you are correct that you need the harness from dashboard to the boot. You will also need a different lock, which can be activated via the relay and control module.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if all bought second hand about £150-£175 so it would be OEM style
just figuring out and need help with the programming would Forscan do it

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
module to the boot?
as the dash switch has the pin for the upgraded switch on the 12 pin harness connector my plug has 9 pins and my original switch with out the boot button has only 8 pins

·
Registered
936 Posts
All of these can be purchased 2nd-hand for less than 200 quid ?!?! Don't know, sounds a bit too good to be true....

I think all of the electrical bits are different, switches, modules, locks etc. Don't know about finis codes, haven't actually done this myself, you can have a look at 7zap and find out. You should also take a look at the aftermarket kits, to see which parts need replacing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dash switch £30
module £15 (says £18 or best offer) from a Jag XJ (same as ford see pic)
power strut £77 or best offer
boot switch £20 or best offer
wiring harness £24 or best offer
switch £...????

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the big picture above is for reference as its from a Russian sales platform
im buying each item separately from uk ebay breakers yard
do you know which lock i need

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Under £200 is all i will spend on this upgrade mod if it does work out more with the newer lock motor then i will abandon
cheers for you replys

1 - 20 of 280 Posts