Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my New Ford Kuga next week hopefully.

But today when speaking to the sales person who sold me the car, I was checking the spec that the car had as she advised that it would have bluetooth in the car to both myself and my partner on seperate phone calls. But now says she did not say that.

I am so angry, as she did tell us this, both of us.

She is now saying if we dont want the car, she has someone else interested.

We could have got one down south with everything we wanted, but she told us it had it all and now says it hasn't got bluetooth.

Can anyone help me please, I dont know what to do !!!!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hmmm. My understanding of my bluetooth is that you can connect up to three different phones to the system but you can only use one at a time. Hopefully that makes a bit of sense? It seems a bit naughty and lazy of the salesperson not to do some research for you in order to answer your question AND THEN to say well if you're not interested, forget it.

Are Kugas that desirable at the moment that Ford can behave like this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, prob didn't make myself clear.

We were told the car wouldhave bluebooth and now she is saying it doesn't have it in the car and that she didn't tell us it has bluebooth.

And basically if we didnt want the car, she has someone else that would take it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi Amanda S,

I am not sure of the law in Scotland but down here a VERBAL contract is a legal contract.
Try Trading Standards or let the "someone" else have your Kuga and reorder with the spec you want IN WRITTING. It might be a cruel wait but stick out for your rights. You are the customer, it is your hard earned money. you deserve what you were told you were getting.
Sales people in my experience are all too willing to spout anything to get the order, but then cannot back it up.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I went on to the Archers of Ashby Website to look at prices and specs and for the Titanium , Ford were doing a special offer for Bluetooth and appearance pack but it wasn't on every car - bit confusing I know but this might be the problem you are experiencing. Archers were offering to include the extras as follows - Appearance pack £90 and Bluetooth £120 as they had already adjusted the prices down for those cars that didn't have the extras.

Raymondo111

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Raymondo,

Yeh we were going to go to Archers of Ashby, as they were doing a better deal, more spec for same price. But when i told glasgow i was pulling out, they told us for the same price, we would get appearance pack, convenience pack, bluetooth and scuff plates, so we stayed with glasgow.

Now she is saying their is no bluebooth and that she didn't tell us that their was but she told myself and my partner in seperate phone calls as i was at work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Win-doc
I will phone trading standards tomm, to see where i stand. Only problem is that i dont have it in writing.

Would like to know if their phone calls are recorded.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had the same problem AmandaS. Picked up the Kuga on 29th July, after being told it had Bluetooth and, lo and behold, it didn't have. We didn't push it, and should have done! If we want it now, it won't be factory fitted! Get them told!!! Hopefully will catch you around, I'm regularly down in Motherwell/Wishaw but based in Inverness. Have a Kuga Titanium in Vision - love it!!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi AmandaS,sorry to hear about your problem, where did you order your Kuga ? I ordered mine from Shields at Darnley to my own spec and a written order form. Had to wait 8 weeks butI got what I wanted and on the said date. Cannot praise the staff highly enough, maybe you should try them if you are still getting messed about.

portkuga

moondust silver, con pack, app pack, panoramic sunroof and illuminated scuff plates

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Jacqui, I will try and speak to trading standards first, then i'm going start in there to speak to the manager. She was basically saying we are liars, we both go a call from her that day saying what spec the car had and bluetooth and sensors was our main priority, which she said it had. Now she is saying that she told us that it didnt have bluetooth. Alot of s***, we said we where going to go down south for one because they could do it for us and still be £164 cheaperso why would accept their kuga if itdidnt have it.

Cant stand car sales people now, been done over twice now

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Portkuga,

We went to Machargs in glasgow, Wont be recommending them to anyone if they dont sort this out. Will maybe go over to shields tomm if i have no luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd just like to say if your not happy with the dealer then don't buy from them. We have accepted what dealer have thrown at us for years and now car sales are down then they need to work harder for your business.

Go find another dealer who is willing to give you what your asking for ring the other dealer back and tell the to poke it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I would also get it all in writing, all your extra written down
so you dont have this again

the Salesman will have a booklet explaining Blue-tooth , ask for one
I have one somewhere ,

Pretty sure you can put more than one mobile on it ,will find it and let you know

I personally think the blue-tooth is a must

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Hendo, Its so true, we dont have to accept this treatment, its our money paying for it, not theirs. If it comes to pulling out of it thats what i will have to do but i will make her life **** before i do that, calling me a liar, will write letters and contact trading standard. She will not treat people that way and get away with it, enough is enough. Itook her in wine and chocolates last week as a thankyou and this is what i get in return.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Speedy, your write i should have asked for it in writing. The paperwork just states Titanium but nothing about the extra's that was going with it. She told me it did not have bluetooth but then said she would check the car today and get back to. Alot of rubbish she would just need to look at your computer and it tell her what it has got. I'm waiting on the manager calling me back, if no luck got another number to contact then trading standards if i need to.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guess what Guys!!!

The car does not have Bluebooth installed, Superise Superise!!!!

But after quoting a few trading standard laws and showing dissapointment in the company and how far i will take this.

They are ordering me a New Kuga with all the spec that i wanted at the same price.

Only Problem is that i have to wait another 6-8 Weeks, Nightmare

But i know it will be worth the wait.

Thanks for everyone's help and encouragment

·
Registered
74 Posts
AmandaS, Just seen this thread, I might be a bit late but, you obiously ordered your K before Sept1st up to this date Ford, not the dealer, were offering apperance pack and bluetooth free of charge, ask her about this.

Good look KugaKid

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hiya KugaKid,

That deal was only available if you took fords 2 year options deal and after 2 years you either pay the rest of the balance, choose another car or walk away. This deal did not benefit me.

Thanks Anyway

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They are now saying the scuff plates with the logo are discounted, Has anyone heard this? I phoned another Ford dealers parts department and you can still buy them, so i'm abit confused.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
AmandaS Hi, Sorry to hear about the issues with this dealer, Oh dear Arthur Daley lives on, I just wish that thesecar dealers would drop this dodgy dealing image that they have created because it is just so poor. Weall know there are exceptions out there buttoo many in my opinionjust want to turn you over. It's not an over reaction it's just the way some dealers (not all)behave. I have mentioned that I have paint issues, paint coming off front sensor edges andyes you can rub it off with your finger, not much paint orlacquer?OK I accept it's not a big job but just out of curiousity I contacted the dealer and straight away, he went intodefence mode, well you will have to bring it down to us (60/70 mile round trip) and then ifFord agree, it will have to be booked into our bodyshop whenever they can fit you in,and we cannotprovide a courtesy car because of the distance you live away from us?Hey no worries that's fine I'll walk home, and when ready, stroll back Now as it happens I had no intentions of booking car into there bodyshop I wasjust curious as to the dealers response, "Concern or Dodging"interestingly he never once said those magic words, Oh I'm sorry about that, but then again why should that not surprise me.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts