Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Peeps!

Can anyone confirm if the 12V socket near the handbrake(not the rear one facing the passengers) on the Kuga has a socket cover?

It looks odd without one - plus when i checked another Kuga in the dealer garage - it didnt have one aswell.

I seem to remember having one (or not?).

If a cover is there - how/where would i get a replacement?

Thanks

Edited by: kuga59black

·
Registered
155 Posts
it should have one, you'll probably be able to get a new one from the parts department. They are standard across all makes and models.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
kuga59black Yes! Yes! Yes! can confirm same as WarKuga My Kuga has a 12V black socket cover. Have a good look on floor,and under/down side of seats, because mine is not that secure, it's aloose, and not a tight fit, so could easily of escaped. Bob.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all for confirming - so my suspicion was correct - it did have one!OK - looks like i had the mobile phone resting there which accidentally whacked this cover onto the floor somewhere - ill have a good hunt around. Its odd that all the other 12v covers are attached to the car - but this one is loose - a last minute cover up job i reckon! cheers again all for confirming!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi Kuga59black,
This one has a loose afterfit cover so they don't have to change the fitting if you spec the smoker pack. £25 for a lighter & cup, bargain, not.
Hope you find your missing one anyway.
Regards
Ursus

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi,
as Bobuptown states they are not a very tight fit but when I tried to remove the cover to the 12v socket in the boot it nearly ripped the trim out, I had to hold the trim with one hand and tug with the other (fnarr).

Anyway hope you find it.

Slimus.

·
Registered
136 Posts
mine is always falling off too, poor design!

probably best to pop to a ford dealer, and aquire one from one of the cars in the showroom! any car from the range should fit

·
Registered
55 Posts
moggith said:
mine is always falling off too, poor design!

probably best to pop to a ford dealer, and aquire one from one of the cars in the showroom! any car from the range should fit
which is probably why they are missing on most showroom cars in the first place

·
Registered
18 Posts
Reading the thread I'm wondering if there may be a couple of alternatives offered here. I can only describe mine as looking like a dummy plug which sits in the socket. The top has 12V embossed on it, but this is easily takenout but won't fall off if knocked which does seem much better. (totally different to the cover in the back)

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
If anyones interested, just posted a possible solution on Technical. Bob.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Kuga59black,lost mine once before, for three days and through peseverance,resession and not being light fingered,I found it was wedged beside the rear heater vent under my front passenger seat,so have a good look first you will proberly find it P.S take a torch.
SB.Edited by: SILVERBACK

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi kuga59black,
You are not alone, I suspect that Ford have had them made with a genetic programme to disappear just to annoy us all. Mine did its now I'm here not I'm not trick about three weeks ago. Not found it yet.

Regards win-doc

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Re: Disappearing 12V blanksocket covers. The Ford Giveth ... And The Ford Taketh Away. Lol.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hello Bob,
Missed your daily contribution, how are you and Ann Robinson getting along . Bye the way did not use the trays at all in Scotland. I prayed for a rainy day to have my sandwich in the kuga, just did not happen.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts