Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long period of deliberation I have decided to lease a new Kuga, problem is
I can’t decide between the new 150bhp 2.0 mhv and the 190 awd auto.

Price wise there’s about £35 a month in it and would be in ST Line X trim.

What would you choose?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I would go for the auto, having owned 3 manual Kuga's my present one is a Powershift which I've had 4 years, such a relaxing drive, don't think I would go back to a manual shift again. Absolutely love it.:) Take one for a test drive and see for yourself.

·
Registered
2.0 EcoBlue 190 ST-Line X Edition Auto AWD, Solar Silver, 20” alloy wheels, retractable tow bar
38 Posts
Hi! I’m taking delivery of the ST Line X Edition EcoBlue 190 Auto AWD on March 1st. I’m leasing too. We went for the 190 because we tow a caravan so this was the best all round tow car with AWD and a decent tow weight. I wasn’t too fussed about an auto but did want AWD. Otherwise if we weren’t towing I’d have stuck with the 150 mild hybrid which I guess will also be more economical so should save you there too. I guess it comes down to your requirements though and what sort of driving you’ll be doing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.
I won’t be towing anything and don’t really need awd, although I quite like the idea of not having to use my left foot.
It will be mostly town/country driving with the odd bit of dual carriageway.

·
Registered
2.0 EcoBlue 190 ST-Line X Edition Auto AWD, Solar Silver, 20” alloy wheels, retractable tow bar
38 Posts
I am looking forward to the auto, despite it not being a main reason for choosing this engine. I like the fact you can use the steering wheel paddle shifts in manual mode and thought the rotary gear selector looked pretty cool! One thing to note, I think I’m right in saying this, with the 190 AWD engine, even in ST line X trim, the suspension reverts to the standard not sports suspension. Worth a thought if you wanted the sports suspension. We’ve gone for bigger wheels so I didn’t mind having non sports suspension.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Auto for me but the awd is a hidden gem. Always there working in the background.

the cabin is too dark for me so it would have to be the vignale has it has white/cream coloured roof liner.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I read that about the suspension.
I have an Mk2 ST Line atm and i do find the suspension a little jiggly so if it’s a bit softer might suit the car better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Auto for me but the awd is a hidden gem. Always there working in the background.

the cabin is too dark for me so it would have to be the vignale has it has white/cream coloured roof liner.
ST Line x gets the pano roof so should be a bit lighter than normal.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
We had someone on here recently who was so happy with his 150MHEV, he's decided to go back to a Focus. He absolutely hated the stop start system. Not sure if it was faulty or he was driving it wrong but it wasn't for him. Evidently it is designed to cut the engine out before it stops and he was having trouble getting it restarted again but it works opposite to the mk2 in that you press the accelerator to restart the engine.

·
Registered
Vignale 2019 MK2 Platinum White
3,058 Posts
ST Line x gets the pano roof so should be a bit lighter than normal.
I had the ST Line with dark headlining and pano roof, strange at first but not noticable after a few drives, didnt seem dark at all. As for transmission, Ive had manual cars for almost 40 years until I got my powershift in September and I wouldnt go manual again, the AWD is great and is FWD the majority of the time

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got to say, reading the positive comments about the 190 auto / AWD from current owners makes me pleased to think we’ve made a good choice with our order. @MrB - it looks like the one to go for!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts