Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ford kuga 2015 model. Silinderhead gasket blow. Silinderhead were skimmed ford grage fix it. 5000 km later cambelt tooth were shredded off damage rokkers and valves. Due to cambelt failure acording Ford. Vehicle fix 40 km later new cambelt tooth shredded off rokkers broken and valves bend. Ford says cambelt failure again. Why? please help. Ford is fixing it again. Ford say new cambelt failure the reason. Can it be because the silinderhead were skimmed.?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Hubcap Rim

The marks on the silinderhead is it normal or is it an dabble washer on the injectors. What can be the reason for my vehicle problem then. Please speculate were to start looking for the problem did anyone else experienced similar problems 🤔

·
Super Moderator
3,083 Posts
CYLINDER head - two words.
One of those valve seats (bottom left) looks to be very depressed. However, unless a valve jammed in it it would not have caused a problem with the cambelt as I posted earlier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you I appreciate your view on this. Hoop it not going to break again. I starting to lose faith in Ford South Africa. Hoop they will be able to fix my vehicle properly.

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
358 Posts
The two most common reasons a new belt will snap is .......... Over tensioned .......... a damaged pully that cuts the teeth off the belt causing it to jump or tear the teeth off. Its a bit odd because you say its a ford garage doing the work so they should of really spotted a damaged pully and also torqued the tensioner to the correct belt tension. It all sounds a bit odd to me and you would of thought they would of found the issue.

Reactions: NigelB

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
2,292 Posts
Genuine belts are lifed for 120,000 miles so you definitely have a problem!.

Have you got a picture of cylinder head cam journals?. Is the engine mechanically noisey when running?.

Have they charged you for each subsequent repair (really after the first job it should all be free imho).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts