Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 454 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fairly new to caravanning and thought it would be good to start a thread on caravans on similar lines to the pets/bikes owned by Kuga owners
maybe you could post piccies of your vans/give tips advice etc. maybe we could convert non caravanners on here to convert to join us and block the roads of the UK
having said all this I don't have a piccie of van on Photobucket maybe got one on me phone.
My van is/was a Lunar Ultima 400 2 berth but ordered a new 4 berth to replace it the Kuga tows perfectly and have no problems yet.So get posting

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Oi Kettleman,

I've patented all the "Calling all Kuga owning....." formats on here!

I can see this being WAY more popular than the biker version though

Maybe you should post the "Calling all Kuga owning tractor/rotavator users" before my patent paperwork arrives!

Regards JezEdited by: Dozers Dad

·
Registered
6 Posts

Hi Kettleman, you should have no bother. First run out last month, 4 berth Bailey Arizona, two Labradors half the house in the van and towed great. Average fuel was about 28 m.p.g on a mixture of A roads and motorways going up the north of Scotland. Happy caravanning

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice one Alifoni,yes we take our 2 dogs with us every trip we make too they love it we bought the Kuga so we could upgrade to a 4 berth van the Lunar has done us well the last 18 months but putting bed up/down each day was a pain so new van has a fixed bed can't wait to get it 2 weeks time.We get 28-31 mpg towing which is good and compares well with our old car a 1.6 Kia ProCeed

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dozers Dad said:
Oi Kettleman,

I've patented all the "Calling all Kuga owning....." formats on here!

I can see this being WAY more popular than the biker version though

Maybe you should post the "Calling all Kuga owning tractor/rotavator users" before my patent paperwork arrives!

Regards Jez
We'll have to sort out a franchise deal Jez

Regarding the Tractor/rotavator franchise can't see that one taking off
Bought meself a "new" bike today my first Yamaha will bung some piccies on soon,the Jota has gone and I'm throwing money round like snuff at a wake
Edited by: Kettleman

·
Registered
825 Posts
We have a Avondale Dart "Godiva" edition its a 4 berth but only ever use 2 I don't like sleeping where i eat or eating where i sleep just dont seem right even in a caravan.. so bed at front and side diner.. used to have a big American trailer when i had Chevy trucks to tow last photowe went to the Caravan show at the NEC and was on the Caravan Channel program tonight ;) Fame at last.. well nearly just a shot of Heidi and me walking towards the camera...
Heidi has however told me we need anew Caravan to go behind the Kuga, and she fancies a fixed bed van, so might be changing soon, probably a new Bailey as she also likes the panoramic windows at the front.
Kuga with Caravan

(better pic of the van)

Our American caravan when we collected it and after a polish and new decals (it was called a model called Carefree before which as my friend reminded me was the name of a popular ladies product at the time ;) so had to change lol)

Edited by: Eamonn

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one Eamonn we bought an Avondale like yours last year but found our Kia wouldn't tow it so went for the Lunar,we were at the NEC show and bought our next van from local dealer didn't want it till end of January but have decided on collecting 2 weeks time as April was next build slot if we waited may go away straight away to try it out,wifey likes it so coast clear to stock up on more bikes
got to admit I'm not a car person hence the Kia maybe although I thought it a good car

·
Registered
825 Posts
nothing wrong with Kia Good cars Heidi used to work for them and had most for company cars over the years the Sportage and Sorento were great tow cars but guess it depends what you need or want a car for.. towing economy etc the Kuga does it all for me and you obviously. where you planing on going with the new van? i know some really nice quiet sites with fully serviced pitches ;) lazy caravaner me lol

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Plan to do France next year hopefully,like Devon Cornwall New Forrest I'm a fisherman lol but rarely catch owt plenty sites have lakes on or nearby so try some of them next year,maybe we should have a Kuga owners club caravan rally
we are members of Caravanclub and Camping and Caravan club but find their sites bit regimented especialy Caravan club so will try some CL type sites next year,yes Kia cars are ok I've bought 5 new ones in past

·
Registered
825 Posts
Kuga Owners caravan rally now thats an idea :)we too are members of both clubs but tend to do car shows and rallys then spend a few days after at sites local to the shows.. theres one at wenhaston which we love quite small but park caravan how you like it nose in nose out side on you choose and the owners help you pitch, fully serviced pitch with Electric water waste and tv "25 per night, camp shop without the inflated prices ;) and good selection of wine ;) and again at reasonable prices lol

we have spent time on Caravan and camping/caravan sites but tend to go when the kids are at school ;) or use adult only sites when they are on hols lol not that i dont like kids just in small doses lol we looked after a friends 4 year old a while back in the caravan longest 4 days in my life.. too much energy lol i'll stick to my dogs

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Finaly got to take a photo of the Kuga hooked up to the shed(caravan
)So lets see a few more on here I'm sure there must be loads more Kuga owning caravanners getting ready for the "new" season

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Been vanning now for about 15 years and about just over two years with the Kuga, great towcar.
Will put some pics on here when I get home in April as I am in Tenerife until then. We spend most of the winter here.
Good idea about a caravan meet up.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I've got a static, no pitching, no awning to put up just open door and put kettle on""¦oh it's a hard life

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi All,Will be posting my combined outfit in the next few days, just had the topnotch dirct cheap towbar fitted today. Nice to have this section for vanners, hope we can compare mpg etc. Still got software issues on the Kuga but hope to get those cured soon.
nigel

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Let us know details of the tow bar fitting etc. Nigel so any members wanting one can go down same route and save some dosh.Yes be good to share tips on caravaning I'm fairly new to the art of towing
and always ready to pick up any tips/advice given.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Kettleman said:
Let us know details of the tow bar fitting etc. Nigel so any members wanting one can go down same route and save some dosh.Yes be good to share tips on caravaning I'm fairly new to the art of towing
If your talking about getting close to the best for the least possible price, well i nailed that good and proper, However, i wont be towing til mid march but i will be able to test all connections and lichts, plus fridge and motor mover connections while at the storage. Im assured by the fitter that all should work, BUT based on other software probs (distance to emty etc) im suspicious about any other software connected with the towing aspect of the car. Itll be suck and see to a certain extent. BTW for thos who havent followed my towbar thread, ill post it here shortly. (got to look it up copy and paste)
nigel
Ps. love the idea of this towing section, should prove very valable for us caravaners.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all. Been shedding for 5 years now and now on our second van. Can't wait for the new season
Here is a pic of our latest bailey pageant series 7.

·
Registered
233 Posts
nigel129 said:
Kettleman said:
If your talking about getting close to the best for the least possible price, well i nailed that good and proper, However, i wont be towing til mid march but i will be able to test all connections and lichts, plus fridge and motor mover connections while at the storage. Im assured by the fitter that all should work, BUT based on other software probs (distance to emty etc) im suspicious about any other software connected with the towing aspect of the car. Itll be suck and see to a certain extent. BTW for thos who havent followed my towbar thread, ill post it here shortly. (got to look it up copy and paste)
nigel
Ps. love the idea of this towing section, should prove very valable for us caravaners.
as promised.

http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/towbar-choice-and-fit_topic9325.html

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rolfieboy said:
Hi all. Been shedding for 5 years now and now on our second van. Can't wait for the new season
Here is a pic of our latest bailey pageant series 7.
That's a big one Sir
very nice Rolfieboy

1 - 20 of 454 Posts