Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
We'll all be running out to havea look

err Yes, I had to go out and havea lookand yes I've got one (it's the 2012 thingy)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Finally I learned what this little grill is needed for!!!

I also hear the noise for some time now,must be the one described here.Wasn't noticeable when car was brand new,I only hear it since my last 1000-1500 Km.

Later today I'll investigate if the noise comes from there and if it does, I'll spray the little thingy
with WD40.Seems to get worse day by day,I think it could be heard even when the engine is running if you listen carefully!Maybe because my Kuga is the petrol 2.5T version, therefore the engine sounds a bit quieter than the diesel ones.

Has anyone noticed also a slight change in the sound's pitch when the steering wheel is moving towards any direction?

Nick

·
Registered
21 Posts
fly4ever said:
Has anyone noticed also a slight change in the sound's pitch when the steering wheel is moving towards any direction?

There's a logical explanation for that.
The servo motor for your steering wheel takes a lot of power.

During this power surge the 12V of your battery drops a little.

You can notice this also on thebrightness of your headlights.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hiall,two things I have noticed when you turn the engine off is that the fuel pump and the turbo unitcontinue on for a second or two. been told this is normal something to do with there selfpreservation,this is so they are not damaged if you turn the engine off at high revs can starve them of oil,so theystabilize themself'sbefore stopping.hope this helps been through it when I first bought Kuga and dealer says this is how they are.Cheers

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks Kuga 2.5T!
It also crossed my mind since I realized that the steering mechanism is electrical.
And yes,I indeed noticed a reduction on the brightness of all my lights!I'm glad I know now this isn't a problem of the car!

Nick

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have used WD40 to squirt in the little grill,and guess what...
The annoying noise is a gonner !

NowI can enjoy again the purring of my 5 cyl without disturbing noises

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

sorry to disturb you, I have got a Kuga Mk1 and have got the issue with the noisy interior temperature sensor.

I tried to spray WD40 but with no luck...any chance you could tell me how to get to the sensor? I cannot find anything on the web on how to remove it....

thanks in advance for your help.

cheers
Luca

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old thread resurrection, but just wanted to thank the originator of the WD40 fix. Been driving a brand new UK 19 plate ST- Line Kuga for only a few weeks and this annoying buzzing had developed already. Was slowly driving me to breaking point until I found this fix. Bless you!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you switch the engine off immediately on stopping, after a long ascent, after constant speed on the motorway or after driving fast then a pump will continue to circulate coolant through the extremely hot turbo as it cools down and the heat may be sufficient for the thermo switch to switch on the fan. It is best to idle the engine for a minute in these circumstances before switching off as that also circulates the engine oil through the turbo making it less likely to carbonise and block the turbo oil feed and oil return pipes.this is normal with all cars.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts