Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Did a bit of a search but couldn't find the same issue.

When I turn the Kuga off I always get a fairly loud buzzing sound from under the bonnet, very much like a pump winding down and lasts about 5-10 seconds. Then on occasion the same buzzing noise is joined by another, sounds much worse and lasts a couple of seconds longer.

Everything still works perfectly and the car drives fine.

Any ideas before I speak to fords?

·
Registered
127 Posts
its the throttle actuator valve had mine replaced under warranty its the brown valve on gearbox side of engine just above gearbox with two vacuum pipes and an electrical connector

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does this show up in the diagnostic computer ? just took mine in for the same problem and he said that there nothing in the computer and that all kuga make this noise. Funny how it didn't do it when I first got it...

·
Registered
127 Posts
No it doesnt show up on diagnostics its a mechanicle problem and tell the dealer to stop bullsh*ting you the only noise you get when switching off is a slight motor noise winding down the power steering pumpwhich is fairly quiet hardly noticable.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bobuptown

A sunny
seaside town about 50 ishmiles North of you thathad a famous comedian with the same name and it's not Blackpool.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My Kuga has started making this noise. For those who managed to get their dealer to replace, how old was your Kuga? - i.e. within 1 year warranty period or older but within 3 years old?

cheers (expecting fight with dealer about this)

·
Registered
13 Posts
This noise has also started to appear withinthe last few weeks on my Kuga as well when switching the engine off. Kuga 18 months old with 10500 on the clock. Looks like a trip to the dealer.
As prevouis post by Deejaywas it covered by the 3 year warranty?

·
Registered
15 Posts
hya daryl,
the buzzing noise you mention is the nearest to the one that i have on my kuga.

Its coming from the gearshift tunnel by the side of my left knee...bout halfway down...

the buzzing is constant but obviously goes off with ignition.button...

when you press start button to aux possition the buzzing starts..

when i put my ear to the tunnel area it is very localised to that side...(i can almost touch it)

i have no clue what is behind the panel in the footwell..maybe you can shed some light..

163.powershift..61 regd

thanks

tfwkuga...(Tom)

·
Registered
270 Posts
tfw kuga. The buzzing you can hear near your left knee is the interior air temp sensor. If you have a close look there is a little grill in the dash near your left knee. The sensor has a small fan in it to draw the cabin air in and these are prone to making a buzzing noise.

They are not so easy to get to to change so a squirt of WD40 through the grill usually stops it for a few months.

H

Edited by: Hamster

·
Registered
15 Posts
hya kuga 2.5t,
after looking in the area mentioned i could not see a little grill,so i cannot get the wd 40 in,,

the buzzing continues.......

regards

Tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK,

I 've taken a photo from the little grill in my car.

Thered arrow points to that grill located between the console and the steering wheel.

My steering wheel is situatedon theleft side,if your steering wheel is situatedon the right side I supposethe little grill should be locatedon the other side.

Edited by: Kuga 2.5T

1 - 20 of 30 Posts