Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched forum and found some discussion of what might be similar. But wondered if anyone had any ideas. Just got home and parked , stepped out of car to a really strong burning smell from engine area. Temp is normal, oil fine. Only thing i can think of is that as i got to last few metres i took my foot off the accelerator and the engine "pulled" itself along at a regular speed - didnt keep slowing or force me to change down? What is it all about? Any ideas? Should i (can i ) get it booked in to be checked under warrenty?
thanks mike

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi.

How many miles has the Kuga done?

It's probably just the DPF regeneration in the exhaust system. It has to burn off soot that it collects, and gets very hot, it seems, when this happens. So I think that it's OK, normal and not a problem.

Cheers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have expereinced this twice in 9 months, once when my Kuga was very new. I have never owned a diesel before so was uncertain as to whether this was a problem.

The fact that it did not happen again for many months (and then only once more) meant that I did not really worry about it. All sems to be OK and it has been in for its 12,500 mile service

·
Registered
374 Posts
i had this below 1000 miles, I can and was advised to put it down to probably a label falling off with it being new. Perhaps the same thing can be also explained by something blowing under vehicle?? I did see light smoke but when I started again, nothing......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts