Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I've done about 500 miles in my Kuga 2WD and, on the way home tonight, started to get a burning smell. I'm not entirely sure where it's coming from - back tyres, perhaps. Is this normal? I'd have thought that any such smell would have been there from the start and then disappeared. I'd be grateful for any advice, or the benefit of your experience. Thanks.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi MK,

Could it have been the DPF burning off the deposits in the exhaust? Had you been driving relatively quickly? If so that might be what it was.

Good luck.

TK

·
Registered
374 Posts
could be labels falling onto the manifold. I had the problem. It happened a couple of times, but during the lower miles. It is disturbing, morrying, but seems common and no problem????

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
It seems that this is quite common on new diesel cars. The soot that accumulates in the exhaust system is automatically burnt off, and I suspect that the first time this happens the exhaust gets hot enough to scorch any labels, stickers insulation materials etc that were on the sytem. After this it, should not be noticeable when it happens again. So, I think it's normal andyou will be fine.

Cheers,

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts