Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Bulb types

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Vulcan27 
#1 ·
Heya,

Going to be replacing the rear indicators/reverse lights with some LED fitments, can I just confirm the below bulb types are correct?

Rear Indicators R/L - WY21W
Reverse Lights - W21W

Thanks.

#2 ·
Hi,

You may have already checked this out, but the first link below is to the Mk3 Owner Manual which lists the Rear Indicators and Reverse Lights as T20.

I also spent an age trying to find the correct code/type to buy and found the following resource useful. This next link lists automotive bulb types:

Finally, if it helps, I ordered the following bulbs for my Mk3:

Rear Indicators: 582 Twenty20 HF0 LED Indicator Bulbs | CAN-Bus Compatible | Eliminates Hyper-Flashing (autobulbsdirect.co.uk)
Rear Reverse Lights: 7440 Twenty20 Impact LED Bulbs: 582 CANBus Compatible LED bulbs (autobulbsdirect.co.uk)

Both sets of bulbs are very bright and work perfectly.

#3 ·
Hi,

You may have already checked this out, but the first link below is to the Mk3 Owner Manual which lists the Rear Indicators and Reverse Lights as T20.

I also spent an age trying to find the correct code/type to buy and found the following resource useful. This next link lists automotive bulb types:

Finally, if it helps, I ordered the following bulbs for my Mk3:

Rear Indicators: 582 Twenty20 HF0 LED Indicator Bulbs | CAN-Bus Compatible | Eliminates Hyper-Flashing (autobulbsdirect.co.uk)
Rear Reverse Lights: 7440 Twenty20 Impact LED Bulbs: 582 CANBus Compatible LED bulbs (autobulbsdirect.co.uk)

Both sets of bulbs are very bright and work perfectly.

Oh you are a star, thank you so much for this!
On another note, how did you replace the reverse bulb as I couldn't find anything related to the reversing light?. There was a video posted here for side indicators, but nothing for reverse light.

#4 ·
No problem at all. Changing the reversing bulb is very straightforward (everything is once you know how!). Once you have taken the light cluster off to change the indicator bulb, the reversing bulb is 'just' another bulb in the cluster (the middle one I think). Here's another link to the manual which explains in a bit more detail:

#5 ·
Amazing, that makes life easier.....though am I right in thinking that it's showing the reversing light in the inner lamp?
The Diagram doesn't exactly make it clear, nor the instructions.

#6 ·
Sorry, my mistake. The reversing light is actually in the cluster on the tailgate and not on the quarter-panel. Please see this link which shows the lights clearly:

The process of removal/replacement is much the same, although as the tailgate is the moveable part you have to open just sufficiently to be able to reach the screws, etc. Easy with the powered tailgate although I accidentally triggered the hands-free a couple of times!

#7 ·
Excellent, thank you for all the help on this. Guess the fun part would be to stop accidentally triggering the hands free.

#16 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.