Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looked outside and realised that the snow is starting to pitch, I am getting excited about waking up tomorrow morning and giving the Haldex clutch a thoroughly good work out.

"Part time 4 wheel drive" Its time to start your shift!!!!! there is work to be done.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah only a slight dusting at the moment, but its a start! The local weatherforecast was 10 to 30cms tonight!!!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
very light dusting in Gloucestershire

hope we get more overnight as I really want to see the kuga in the snow.

one thing I know is that it slides on ice when the ABS kicks in, thought I was going to end up in a field last week when the car just wouldn't stop....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Cornish

I spend most of my working day in and around the Shire, Where-abouts in Gloucestershire are you?
regards

Kugameister

·
Registered
418 Posts
I live above Stroud and the dusting was very light which is weird, in Kemble at the moment and it is snowing slowly - bring on more I say....

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Kuga was brill, took it carefully through the local country lanes but it felt solid and secure. could really feel the ABS kicking in though! Ended up giving others a lift as no one else wanted to take their car out. Kuga saves the day

·
Registered
49 Posts
It was good fun driving into work today - the Kuga handled the snow very well. Apart from a couple of hairy moments underbreaking when it just slid around. One moment in particular when I was just sliding towards a T-junction with quite a bit of traffic going along it
...Luckily the ABS managed to stop me in time

·
Registered
130 Posts
That is the danger of the Kuga. It handles so well in the snow it is easy to forget the AWD doesn't help you stop any quicker....
Must say though, she handled like a dream on our un-gritted estate. A few twitches and she corrected herself beautifully.

A followed a couple of FWD cars out and they were sliding all over the place

·
Registered
731 Posts
Very rarely do we get any snow in Devon. Occasionally you can see it on some of the Tors,this year though we do seem to have had a good dose of snow and ice. My Kuga is 2WD, the AWD was too expensive. I must admit I'm a little worried about how the Kuga will handle in this sort of weather not only because of it being 2WD but also because of it's size and weight. We did have some heavy snow about 10 years ago and even 4x4s were getting stuck!!
I'm still really excited about having one though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Cornish

I did an advanced driving course in and around Stroud and the Cotswolds, we used Kemble airfield to practice emergency stops from 80mph. I was suprised by thegreat cafe,we enjoyed lovely coffee and food whilst watching the planes and helicopters taking off and landing.
I am field based, but our head office is in Thornbury

I will keep an eye out for you!

Kugameister

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KugaCat said:
Very rarely do we get any snow in Devon. Occasionally you can see it on some of the Tors
Hi KugaCat

I reckon that you got your fair share of snow today!!!

I had to drive down to St Austell Cornwall this morning. The M5 was clear of snow all the way down to Exeter, but when I pulled on to the A30 it was total white out conditions. There was so much snow on the road,you couldn't see any road markings, kerbs or much of anything else really (very dis-orientating). It was especially bad between Launceston and Bodmin, I felt like a "Ice road trucker"!!!

It was a shame that I was driving my 2wd VW, I could have really used the 4wd capabilitys of the Kuga!

Hope the snow didn't cause you too many problems!!

Kugameister

Edited by: Kugameister

·
Registered
446 Posts
"It was especially bad between Launceston and Bodmin, I felt like a "Ice road trucker"!!!

It would have been nice if you had seen the beast of †‘ and confronted it with the Beast I mean the "Kuga"

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi guys

i have not visited the forum for a while but after reading what you all had to say about the snow, i could not resist taking imy kuga out this morning. I am in Luton beds. the snow was about 6 inches this morning. the main roads were only two narrow wheel tracks on either side of the main road. it handled beautifully. where other were sliding she kept on going unheeded. Up and down inclines with no problems. She did. not falter.

well chuffed

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Kugameister,

Yes we certainly did get some snow today. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! I think the snow was about a foot deep! Most roads my husband could have used to travel to work were closed, even the coastal road from Torquay to Shaldon was extremely dangerous and I think it was closed for a time. There are loads of cars on the A38/A30 waiting to be "reclaimed" by their owners. They did close part of the M5 so you were lucky to get as far as you did.Where welive though, at the foot of the moors,we only had a couple of centimetres (booo) but Dartmoor itself is completely covered. It's a shame I haven't got my Kuga yet I would have loved to have taken her for a spin, literally!!

Problem wise I was really lucky I didn't have to go out, thank you for asking

1 - 16 of 16 Posts