Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, finally. Silver Titanium with X Pack arrived today.

Chuffed to bits, but some niggles. 92 miles on the clock and far from clean. Plus a stitching problem on the steering wheel. Evans Halshaw, before you ask!!

Driving is fun, but v different to my BMW. A bit of roll, and very short in 1st gear (vert Jeep'ish) but fun thereafter. Full leather seats are not sport (brochure doesnt mention this), but hey!

Got the DBA and Bluetooth sorted, but:

1. The petrol cap doesnt seem to lock. Am I missing something?

2. My daughters iPod recognises the Ford System, and the songs are there, but they wont play. Any ideas?

I'll have a read, but any help appreciated.

Nick

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Re the petrol cap it's a non locking system as I understand there's a blocker
in the fuelling tube to stop any siphoning. As for the delivery mileage how far away from you is the dealer? Mine came with 52 but was expecting that given it wasn't from a local dealer. If they're local to you I hope you expressed your displeasure during the handover?

Edited by: Gazwats

·
Registered
29 Posts
More than about 11 miles from new and you should be worried? If they car is not right when you look at it refuse delivery or return within 14 days and get a refund. This action usally scares the dealer into doing something.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If your kuga is petrol - don't read this. If your kuga is a diesel......

No the fuel FLAP does not lock, the internal flange will not let anything through specially petrol filler hose guns. As part of your kit you get a small black plastic "funnel" which is same diameter as diesel filler hose gun to allow emergency filling via a diesel can.

First gear does seem a bit short (mine seems at its best between 1500 and 2500 rpm in all gears. But don't try starting off in second you'll probably stall it more often than not.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ah! I wondered what that plastic tube thingy was in the glove box, thanks digger for that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all.
Strong email drafted, but not sending it until Monday.

I love the car, shame about the bits. I've got loose stitching on the steering wheel, an air vent that rattles and an iPod player that would produce sound.

By the way, the outside air temp shows in F, any idea how to change it to C?

·
Registered
156 Posts
changing the farenheit to celsius was discussed a few days ago.
Operate the menu selector on the stalk till the temp is on main display, then press and hold button on end of stalk a few seconds till it changes to celsius.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Premiershipwanders. 92 miles that is outrageous, you may remember? I posted a,What is an acceptable deliverymileage? a week or so ago now the reason is I was told a short test drive was all that was available as that vehicle was being delivered the next day??OK could of been delivered to the dealer pricipal, but . . .My opinion and it is only my opinion some dealers are using customers Sold cars to use as dealer demonstrators, I do not know the circumstances in your case dealer transfer etc etc but 92 milesI am really sorry this has happened but this is totally unacceptable and thefact that the vehicle was dirty and thestitching, to a lesser extent was coming adrift would indicate that your carmay ofbeen used. When the question about acceptable mileage was raised from memory 5-10 -15 miles was considered as acceptable there again as Gazwats has already pointedhis vehicle was not from a local dealer I presume yours was? not quitesure what using a customers car for test drives is called in the trade trust me they will have a name but I suspectthis practiseiswidespread when I was looking nobody and I do mean nobody, Polar, Evans Halshaw hadno Kuga'sto offer a test drive in, my test drive and I travelled miles and miles away,was literally around the dealers complex could kick myself now should of looked at mileage. My vehicle is being delivered from the factorynext week apparently? I just hope ithasn't been drivenabove 20 miles the fact that the vehicle was delivered dirty may mean that the92 miles were rackedupafter the carhad beencleaned andPDI'd and they could not be arsed cleaning it again? There appears to be a lot of KOC members collecting there new Kuga's within the next few weeks I think someone should point out that the brand new car that they have paid there hard earned money for insome caseswill have been used as demo vehiclesby someunscrupulous dealers out there.Wish someone could legally advise and be specific as to what is a legallyacceptable delivery miles on a factory ordered car anda car that has been transferred or piggy backed on a small transporter from one dealer to another. Lets face it we all see these small single low loaders carrying brand new cars on our roads every single day, 92 miles unless agreed prior to ordering is out of order. Finally pick any local dealership newspaper adand a lot are advertising brandspankingnew 58/09 plate vehicles with delivery miles someof them advertising them as 5/6 miles.I hope you get this sorted soon.Not sure whether this information is useful.If no joy from dealer tomorrowI would complain to Evans Halshaw owners who are . . . Pendragon PLC, Loxley House, 2 Oakwood Court, Annesley, Nottingham. NG15 0DR.Tel: 01623725200. Email: [email protected] Good Luck. Bob.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I picked up my Kuga yesterday (factory build, ordered only a month ago from Hendy Ford, Eastleigh), and it only had 7 miles on the clock... so if you buy from any other main dealer and collect I don't see why it should be much different!

I've only skimmed the topic, sorry, but re the iPod thing (I don't have one, but my Nokia phone streams nicely via Bluetooth) I read on here elsewhere you need to connect iPod's via both USB AND an audio cable! There was also a link to this useful Ford site:

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/

with a specific page on iPods at:

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/mobile_music/ipod

I've just taken a read, and itsays:

"The Apple iPods listed below have been verified with the Ford connectivity interface. Connect your Apple iPod using the Ford adapter (Part No.: 8M5J-19C142-AA, Finis: 1529487) with the USB and AUX connector in your Ford and enjoy your mobile music."

The site also contains this very useful document:

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/files/2577_Ford_GS_EN_150.pdf

which amongst talking about phones, USB devices, Bluetooth and so on says the following on iPods:

Apple iPod
You can operate your iPod just like you usually do using the Ford audio system. For the best operating

comfort and optimal sound quality, we advise using the system-specific connector cable for Apple iPods available from your Ford dealer (FINIS CODE: 1529487). Alternatively, you can also use the iPod USB cable in connection with an audio cable to connect to the AUX jack.

So... yes you need to use the AUX jack as well as the USB cable to get any audio from your iPod!!

Oh, and my dealer collected me from home and took me to the garage, and spent about an hour and a half going through everything with me (obviously a lot of it was paperwork and we talked about GAP insurance and service plans etc, but there was also a very good handover of the vehicle itself). I was sceptical of using Hendy as they have a monopoly on the South coast, but so far I can't really fault them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
olicuk said:
I picked up my Kuga yesterday (factory build, ordered only a month ago from Hendy Ford, Eastleigh), and it only had 7 miles on the clock... so if you buy from any other main dealer and collect I don't see why it should be much different!

I've only skimmed the topic, sorry, but re the iPod thing (I don't have one, but my Nokia phone streams nicely via Bluetooth) I read on here elsewhere you need to connect iPod's via both USB AND an audio cable! There was also a link to this useful Ford site:

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/

with a specific page on iPods at:

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/mobile_music/ipod

I've just taken a read, and itsays:

"The Apple iPods listed below have been verified with the Ford connectivity interface. Connect your Apple iPod using the Ford adapter (Part No.: 8M5J-19C142-AA, Finis: 1529487) with the USB and AUX connector in your Ford and enjoy your mobile music."

The site also contains this very useful document:

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/files/2577_Ford_GS_EN_150.pdf

which amongst talking about phones, USB devices, Bluetooth and so on says the following on iPods:

Apple iPod
You can operate your iPod just like you usually do using the Ford audio system. For the best operating

comfort and optimal sound quality, we advise using the system-specific connector cable for Apple iPods available from your Ford dealer (FINIS CODE: 1529487). Alternatively, you can also use the iPod USB cable in connection with an audio cable to connect to the AUX jack.

So... yes you need to use the AUX jack as well as the USB cable to get any audio from your iPod!!

Oh, and my dealer collected me from home and took me to the garage, and spent about an hour and a half going through everything with me (obviously a lot of it was paperwork and we talked about GAP insurance and service plans etc, but there was also a very good handover of the vehicle itself). I was sceptical of using Hendy as they have a monopoly on the South coast, but so far I can't really fault them.

And even better, been to Ford and bought the part. It sorks much better than using one USB and tha aux as the aux relies on the sound output through the headphone jack which is not strong.

So thanks again!

Enjoying your Kuga? I am, totally. Despite the odd gripes. You could cover the badge and believe it's an Audi inside, I know, I've had them and it has the same feel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Premiershipwanderere said:
And even better, been to Ford and bought the part. It sorks much better than using one USB and tha aux as the aux relies on the sound output through the headphone jack which is not strong.

So thanks again!

Enjoying your Kuga? I am, totally. Despite the odd gripes. You could cover the badge and believe it's an Audi inside, I know, I've had them and it has the same feel.

Cool, good to know, thanks. In case I ever get an iPod, and for all those that do have them, what does the cable connect to at either end (just iPod dock to USB?) and roughly how much does it cost?

Very much enjoying my Kuga, yes, though I've only driven it three times so far. Need to get out more this weekend!I thought that since I first drove one,the Kugahas that 'German' solidity, and a lot better value than say a Q5!

·
Registered
153 Posts
People who have passengered in mine have always commented on the quality of the interior and the ride and for the most part say it reminds them of an Audi rather than a Ford... which I presume is good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts