Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI THERE, WE'RE OFF THIS MORNING TO PICK UP OUR TITANIUM SEA GREY WITH ALL EXTRAS. MUST ADMIT I'M A LITTLE BIT APPREHENSIVE AS WE CURRENTLY OWN A FOCUS ST2 AND I'M WORRYING ABOUT THE INCREASE IN WIDTH OF THE CAR. PROBABLY JUST A WOMAN THING BUT DO YOU THINK I'LL NOTICE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN SIZE. THANKS.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi Rainbow, I came from a Focus ST3 and so did a good handfull of other members on here and the swap has been great!
The performance has not been missed either by any of us. The car handles great and has a good smooth powerfull pull to it when you put your foot down. Only thing I miss from the ST is obviously getting whiplash from it and the NOISE. The 5pot note of theroar and rumble is something else, but all you have to do to counter act this in the Kuga is turn the stereo up

As for thewidth, there is only 3mm difference. Which is the width of a weekly magazine! And the length difference is less than 9cms! So the kuga is longer than the ST by a size of a regular mobile phone. Nothing in it at all in other words.

P.S You should turn your CAPS LOCK off, before Mouse tells you off

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for that, it's put my mind at rest alot. Only problem now is theres been a delay on our picking up the kuga as DVLA haven't returned our st log book having removed our cherished plate. Really looking forward to driving it now. This seems to be a great forum and will be of great help as we embark on this all new driving experience. Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
daisbuys said:
Hi Rainbow, I came from a Focus ST3 and so did a good handfull of other members on here and the swap has been great!
The performance has not been missed either by any of us. The car handles great and has a good smooth powerfull pull to it when you put your foot down. Only thing I miss from the ST is obviously getting whiplash from it and the NOISE. The 5pot note of theroar and rumble is something else, but all you have to do to counter act this in the Kuga is turn the stereo up

As for thewidth, there is only 3mm difference. Which is the width of a weekly magazine! And the length difference is less than 9cms! So the kuga is longer than the ST by a size of a regular mobile phone. Nothing in it at all in other words.

P.S You should turn your CAPS LOCK off, before Mouse tells you off

Hang on Daisbuys... I miss the power.
...but I don't miss my son feeling car sick with the all black interior of my old ST3.....

Kuga is much more airy and smoother on the road.... but some days I do long to still have the ST and go for a blast down some country lanes....

Shame I can't have both (and no I don't consider a 2.5T Kuga as both...)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally took delivery yesterday and we are so thrilled with it. The rear privacy glass is superb and the kids love being be able to see out of the panoramic roof. It drives like a dream and I keep thinking of places I need to nip to just for another drive. Dont think I'll miss our ST as much as I thought I would.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts