Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my kuga in February 58 plate. Just had the dealer on thephone offering me a brand new 59 plate kuga no extra cost just pay the payments that I have already been paying . It has extras too like the roof bars and privacy windows plus it is black.
I just wondered what the catch is? They say there is none. Anyone out there help on this?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi Rosie

Sounds too good to be true, I was just trying to work some figures out. assuming you've been paying for a year and still owe (x) grand. When (if) the new Kuga comes along I assume you will still owe (x) grand plus another year. In other words you get a new Kuga but the payments go on for another year (at least).

that might mean that you sell your one year old kuga and have up to (10 grand or so) added to the bill for the new one.
Then I wonder how much they'd sell your 58 plate for?

Isuppose desparate dealers will always look for new ways of moving cars.

Good luck.

Oh! and welcome to the club.

·
Registered
385 Posts
this is a good deal,i have a 5 month old kuga 09 plate i asked about changing for the new reg and they wanted another £3300 to change,i have already bought 2 kuga s of this dealer,saying that i have heard thier is a bit of a shortage of used kuga s about because a lot of people did not want to wait 12 weeks,or it may be a canceled order

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi folks thanks for the replies The dealer said I would be paying exactly the same but I will see if they have added any more time on because he didn't actually mention that! I will phone him tomorrow to find out. Watch this space!

·
Registered
385 Posts
snd me details of the dealer i see what he offers me,it may well be it extends your loan or options plan buy 12 monthsbut is still a good deal.i pay £256 a month for 30 months ford credit loan £7000 7.9% i would swap mine if offered that deal when my car was nearly 12 months old,the dealer wanted £3300 to change mine to new reg and it is only 5 months old

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I went into the dealer and it is a straight swap my car for the brand new black one with privacy windows and roof thingy. I asked what was in it for them ,apparently folk want to buy second hand kuga's but there are very few available and this is their way of getting them. I think they will make a killing out of it but if I am getting a brand new slightly better car at no extra cost I'm no too bothered

·
Registered
385 Posts
hi rosie sounds like you got a good deal to me,send me dealers name and salesperson i will ask him what he can do for me,and you were right bit of a shortage of secondhand kugas about because people have bought secondhand because of the 8-12weeks waiting list good luck and let us no how you get on

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi to all. Even if the figures and number of payments are the same, you have still lost the value of the payments you have made. That is the cost to you. Its always nice to have a new car but reckon they know they can sell your old one for a huge profit. The recent price increase on new Kugas means that your old one will be even more attractive to someone else? BK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Bruce I have only had the car for 6 months so don't know if there is that much of a loss. I know they must be making on it but I am getting a brand new car with no extra payments

·
Registered
385 Posts
kugace said:
hi rosie sounds like you got a good deal to me,send me dealers name and salesperson i will ask him what he can do for me,and you were right bit of a shortage of secondhand kugas about because people have bought secondhand because of the 8-12weeks waiting list good luck and let us no how you get on

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well it was too good to be true. Would need to take out finance again over 4 years so in effect I would be paying an extra 6 months as I already have paid 6 months on this car! Funny how the dealer couldn't quite grasp that! He still thought I was getting a straight swap

·
Registered
385 Posts
rosie this is still a good deal,if you pay £250 a month x 6 = £1500 you loose £1500 off your car when you drive it out of the showroom and you will be getting a new reg better spec car at £300 a month only works out at £1800 6 payments at £350 = £2100,my dealer wanted £3300 to change and only 5 months old which would work out at £660 a month x 5 months,he offered £21000 for my car and £24300 for new one list price with extras £29,000 as i said before i only pay £256 a month

·
Registered
2 Posts
What are you talking about?

I think you netter get your facts right before you start spouting off. The price increase has got absolutelly nothin to do with it. Let me educate you ........ each dealership has a target to achieve per quarter. At the descresion of each dealership, they can put together deals that suit individuals. Each persons circumstances are completely different.

On some .....or as Kugas are concerned....most cases...as can be verified by many members.....people can be put into new or newer cars for the same or similar payments....and in some cases less of a payment.

THE RESALE VALUE OF THE CURRENT CAR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SALE OF THE NEW CAR.....

Most new cars are sold at a loss at this time of the month/quarter to try and achieve targets.

Just thought you should hear this from the horses mouth!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
EH1234: The Horses Mouth. It's been a realeducation, certainly taught me a lesson?

·
Registered
385 Posts
evanshalshaw glasgow i will be up to glasgow to take you up on the offer then ,as they say put your money where your mouth is and take you up on the offer.so lets put it to the test shall we. have we got a deal ? lets educate you kugas were going cheap to get rid of old stock fact dealers got £800 contribution from ford gate release date before 31/12/2008 this means bulit before 31/12/2009,also dealers will sell the car at a loss if they are near target,or they have had a car a long time and it is costing them money ie ford motor company charge interest on the car or want paying for it. September is a very good month for carsales because it is a new reg where as say the end january or febuary you get a good deal because a lot of people are waiting for the next reg plate oh buy the way i have bought 2 kugas and use to work for ford motor company

·
Registered
385 Posts
E H1234 i said to Rosie it was a good deal so get your facts right please,oh by the way mine is a titanium x pack,con pack,app pack,bluetooth 19 inch wheels,seagrey just for information and facts how longs del date 12 weeks ? have we got a deal or you going to talk your way out of it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts