Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just wanted to know are the front and rear pistons on the callipers left or right hand thread (2017 1.5 diesel), so I know which wind back tool to buy and has anyone got a recommendation for which one to buy?

·
Registered
319 Posts
The front calipers don't wind back.... they simply push in... I tend to use a big flat blade screwdriver onto the old pads and then push the piston back in.. (take off your brake fluid reservoir cap..)

rears DO rotate back in, its a right hand thread tool you need.

Once you're finished, reservoir cap back on and a couple of presses on the brake pedal will relocate the pads.

·
Registered
589 Posts
For the fronts, I remove all the pads, and use a old fashioned G clamp to push piston back. Like Martin1977 says, watch your fluid level.

It is also important that the slides and pins are clean. No point new pads on sticking calipers.

Also worth taking the disc off and inspecting, they corrode like mad from the inside, you cant see due to cover.

As for the rears, look at this thread I did.

https://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/18-mk1-how/5914-changing-rear-brake-pads-3.html

I think your 2017 model will have the 2 pin Vauxhall pads caliper, it caught me out at Easter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts