Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1.5 petrol Titanium 2018.

Got in in October - only just noticed I've got bonnet bounce. Noy just at high speed (I had to stop at on the dual carriage way to check it was still clicked shut) but also around the roads at no more that 30/20 mph if the road is a bit bumpy.

I've tried adjusting the rubber bumpers - not with a lot of luck tbh as I'm.not sure how high they should be.

Any ideas of how to stop this bonnet bounce please?

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
181 Posts
I've got a 1.5 petrol Titanium 2018.

Got in in October - only just noticed I've got bonnet bounce. Noy just at high speed (I had to stop at on the dual carriage way to check it was still clicked shut) but also around the roads at no more that 30/20 mph if the road is a bit bumpy.

I've tried adjusting the rubber bumpers - not with a lot of luck tbh as I'm.not sure how high they should be.

Any ideas of how to stop this bonnet bounce please?
Not sure why you can’t stop it by adjusting the bump stops. Has it had any front end damage and has the catch been adjusted correctly
If you slam the bonnet shut and put your weight on it you should be able to see how much movement you have and adjust the bump stops.
Does it look like the slam panel has been replaced.

·
Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
1,017 Posts
If you only got it in October I would go back to the dealer and ask them to have a look mate.

·
3,180 Posts
only just noticed I've got bonnet bounce.
Welcome to the forum. Are you talking about the front or rear (i.e.windscreen end) of the bonnet appearing to "bounce"?

Mine will do it at the rear- noticeable over bumps.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Do you mean "bounce" as in the whole bonnet moving up and down on one end or the other, or bouncing-oscillating due to the air flow and pressure ? Second one is normal and happens at high speeds, first one should be looked at by a dealer....

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,216 Posts
I'd get it checked out, but there will be slight movement with vibration etc - pop the bonnet and check your front two rubber stops are high enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts