Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo!

Anyone had any experience with boot liners, particularly the official Ford Kuga one?

I often have muddy boots in the boot (pun intended), so the standard carpeted shelf gets dirty really quickly and is difficult to clean.

I could just buy any generic boot liner, but I like the idea of having a tray type, to aid in stopping stuff sliding out when the boot is opened too.

I've got my beady little eyes on this, but does it replace the current shelf or just sit on top? :unsure:

·
Registered
835 Posts

Got one of these in mine. Had all sorts in, just take it out, wash, wipe, and put back in.
I like the lip, as if a spillage it is contained.

It just sits on top is the answer to your question.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yep I have the same one. Worth every penny, even though I got mine for a tenner from FB marketplace! This and the matching raised edge front mats...to job.

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Mr. Forgetful
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is great! Thanks guys (y)

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,253 Posts
I am a bit dubious about buying non-genuine rubber as they tend to smell. Ripperoo bought the genuine ford one which would be my option. Rates Ford will be cheapest or second hand.

·
I am Batman!
Kuga ST - Manual 6 Speed - 200PS+ Petrol.
651 Posts
Yep I have one too - a must especially in these Winter months! I have always bought one for all my previous cars. It has quite high sides all round in case of spillages. Bought mine directly from Ford.

·
Mr. Forgetful
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your input everyone :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
They do a extra cover that extends over the bumper, presumably for 'Dog loading'. Its a pity they don't do a flap or extension the other way to cover the rear seats when folded down. I have a spare piece of cheap carpet underlay for that reason.

·
Registered
South Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
1,618 Posts
I bought a kuga one from Rates Ford on eBay good quality

Ross

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,015 Posts
I bought one from Costco, it's really thick rubber and almost a perfect fit width ways.

I will admit with Smartguy though, it was a bit smelly at first, seems ok now though.

·
Registered
Premium White 2018 Kuga ST 183BHP Auto 4x4
412 Posts
I purchased this mat and found it to fit good , not the same quality as Ford but 1/4 the price.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,253 Posts
I purchased this mat and found it to fit good , not the same quality as Ford but 1/4 the price.
Most of us are not toooooo bothered about price, certainly if we are going to pay more than 8 quid for a bulb but does it smell. Some of these mats smell like they have been soaked in diesel. I had to throw a set of mats out once as it gave the wife a headache. Any excuse for a headache lol.

·
Mr. Forgetful
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have just gone for the Ford boot liner after being impressed with the fit of the deep side rubber mats. Got it from Rates on Ebay with a TCB £5 bonus cashback offer.
Could you send me a link to the deep sided rubber mats please? They sound interesting, as I'm always out walking the dog with my girlfriend, so the front mats are perpetually dirty :confused:

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,977 Posts
It will be these, the ones that Ive got, excellent fit

EBay item number 272909795487 for boot liner
item number 272909798593 for front mats

·
Mr. Forgetful
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It will be these, the ones that Ive got, excellent fit

EBay item number 272909795487 for boot liner
item number 272909798593 for front mats
Nice one Ronnie (y) (y) :)

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,977 Posts
Have to add, my mates got the rear mats to match but Im not keen on the fit, much prefer my old flat ones in the back, only my opinion though, the boot liner and front ones are perfect

·
Mr. Forgetful
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have to add, my mates got the rear mats to match but Im not keen on the fit, much prefer my old flat ones in the back, only my opinion though, the boot liner and front ones are perfect
Then that is what I shall purchase sir (y)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I found the rears fitted quite well with a bit of wiggling. I like the flap that covers the tunnel.

If you buy from Rates Ebay the multi buy discount is applied to different items so buy the mats and boot liner you will get 1% off each, buy front mats, rear mats and boot liner you will get 2% off each.

·
Mr. Forgetful
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I found the rears fitted quite well with a bit of wiggling. I like the flap that covers the tunnel.

If you buy from Rates Ebay the multi buy discount is applied to different items so buy the mats and boot liner you will get 1% off each, buy front mats, rear mats and boot liner you will get 2% off each.
"I found the rears fitted quite well with a bit of wiggling. I like the flap that covers the tunnel." Are you absolutely sure you're talking about car mats :unsure: :LOL:

I'll have a look at Rates and cashback offers too - I use both Quidco and TCB (y)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts