Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a removable boot liner that will protect the seat backs, sides , floor and maybe over bumper for loading.

My children have all moved out but its seems i am still useful for doing the odd jobs around their houses i want something to proctect the back of my car when i put my tools in.

I dont want anything really expensive it just needs to protect and be easily removable

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,226 Posts
I am looking for a removable boot liner that will protect the seat backs, sides , floor and maybe over bumper for loading.

My children have all moved out but its seems i am still useful for doing the odd jobs around their houses i want something to proctect the back of my car when i put my tools in.

I dont want anything really expensive it just needs to protect and be easily removable
I see you have a towbar already. A small trailer keeps everything out of the boot and when you have one, you will wonder how you managed for so long without one. I have a 8'x4' builders trailer for carrying the big and heavy stuff but my dad gave me his 5' x 3' trailer which is so light but carries about 300kg. I would be lost without it.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
785 Posts
There was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago regarding boot protection and what’s available

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago regarding boot protection and what’s available
I do have a small trailer that is invaluable for that tip run - but i always put my tools in the boot sometime they are covered in dust etc an wanted to just keep off the carpets inside - i will try and find that thread unless you have a link

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is the sort of thing i am looking for
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Trunk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
Mk3 ST-Line X PHEV Lucid Red
33 Posts
i see you have the exactly the same vehicle - does this fit well and it looks like it folds up
Yep fits well. Image is bit misleading as it makes the sides in particular look rigid, they aren't. You'll need to use the velcro to hold these in place. The piece that folds out covers the bumper well.
Out most of tomorrow but if I get chance I'll take a pic tomorrow and post in the evening.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have one made by rhino cost me £130 its useful if rear seats are down, the sides are held with velcro, and when rear doors open there is a flap thats lowers to load stuff through door then velcro back up. used to use one by the hatchbag company years ago saves messing back of car i would say the rhino one is tuffer.

·
Registered
2013 MK2 Kugar. 2:0 Diesel AWD. Reg No EJ13 NDC
14 Posts
These hatch bags are good but the sticky parts are awkward to remove when you sell the car . I have had to clean many a car that have had bootliners fitted by this method

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want something that is almost self supporting and that is easy to take in and out

Reactions: Welder

·
Registered
33 Posts
These hatch bags are good but the sticky parts are awkward to remove when you sell the car . I have had to clean many a car that have had bootliners fitted by this method
Haven't used the self adhesive velcro bits, but the hooks on the part on the liner cling to the felted part of the boot trim OK.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i see you have the exactly the same vehicle - does this fit well and it looks like it folds up
Sorry dark by time I got home so image not best. Note: I have a rubber mat on top too.

I've not used the self adhesive velcro, the hooks on the liner hold onto the felt type material either side of the boot.
Would be better if it had a split section where it goes up the back of the seats. Took some rubbish to dump and took the liner out, quick wash and it was nice and clean.
2021-11-25_05-13-43 by tblake2007, on Flickr

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,962 Posts
I want something that is almost self supporting and that is easy to take in and out
I,ve got one of these in my mk2, not cheap but really good, self supporting, you can pull them out and they fold pretty flat if you need to store it, very easy to clean

1 - 17 of 17 Posts