Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a problem with the bonnet moving a bit when at speed. The rubber adjusters are up as far as I dare go without misaligning the bonnet / wings and I have got it better than it was. Sometimes seems like the bonnet's going to fly open, very annoying. Dealer seems to think that "there all like that"

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
ips get back to the dealer asap, no movement at all on mine, rock solid, althoughhorizontal chrome bonnet trim islifting?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob
Thanks, I will ring em now.

Ian

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I know I have a whinge now and again, but one thing we all have in common, Kuga is a stunning travel machine, it's still a fairly new model, and all new models apparently have teething problems, lets just hope that if problems do surface our local Ford dealer can sort things out with the minimum of fuss. Sadly my supplyingdealer has failed, all he was ever interested in is selling,got a problem? you can go whistle. Currently cap in hand, on bended knee with our local dealer to look after us forservicing etc, etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
yes, mine does is too after 180km/h ! but it is a very light and soft movement!

my other cars does it too !

Audi 80 1.6

Opel GT 2.0T (the bonnet opens to the wrong dirrection)

here is a photo

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,
we in the german Kuga Forum solved the problem with the wobbling of the bonnet and dirt in the engine bay with a special rubber gasket. (~82cm)
It is only shunt on the plastic.

If you want, I can supply the rubber gasket for 15,-Euro include shipping. (~14 GBP)
Or send them to someone in the UK who distributes them for the Club members.

This is noncomercial, I do this only to help the Kuga owners, because I´ve found a cheap source to get the rubber gasket.

·
Registered
374 Posts
wow, that looks really good. Thank you. Perhaps a good idea for us to start a thread to see if enough people want one to make it worth your while.

IPS your thouhts and outcome of visit to dealer??

NASOS. Thats a rather nice looking Opel. I really likes it.....

it reminds me of the Honda S2000
Edited by: the undertaker

·
Registered
34 Posts
haha thanks !

sorry for the offtopic

i also want to ask
i have 4x4 contact tyres on my Kuga(titanium) 17'' wheels

and my car give vibration on the body and on the steering wheel ..... i changed two tyres under warranty andthere is too a little vibration someone has something similar ?

car is 2.5T

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the undertaker said:
IPS your thouhts and outcome of visit to dealer??

Didnt acctually get back to dealer, wound the two rubber stops up a bit more and virtually solved the problem however there is still just a bit of movement but nothing like what it was. Will be in for 1st service next few weeks so gonna mention that and the annoying slight movement and clicking noise form seat (under aceleration and braking) then. Cantafford the time of too manyvisists back to dealer and hours in the waiting room.

ips

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will do.... cheers

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
linse said:
Hi,
If you want, I can supply the rubber gasket for 15,-Euro include shipping. (~14 GBP)

This is noncomercial, I do this only to help the Kuga owners, because I´ve found a cheap source to get the rubber gasket.

Many thanks.

I wasnt aware that there was a problem with dirt getting under the bonnet but if there is then we definately need a fix for it because I for one like a clean engine bay.

Regards - ips
Edited by: ips

·
Registered
38 Posts
ips said:
linse said:
Hi,

Many thanks.

I wasnt aware that there was a problem with dirt getting under the bonnet but if there is then we definately need a fix for it because I for one like a clean engine bay.

Regards - ips
The german Kuga owners mentioned dirt in the engine bay when driving in the rain.
The rubber gasket prevents gettig the dirt under the bonnet. (and also a bit of the air which causes the wobbling of the bonnet.

I think you in the UK have more rainy days so it will be usefull.

Edited by: linse

·
Registered
115 Posts
Might sound like I'm being over cautious but would restiricting airflow to the engine cause problems with warrenty, say if an over heating engine (with a totally seperate cause) ford could argue that a mod to the vehicle has caused the problem? Also might performance be affected due to restricted airflow ( even a small amount)?

·
Registered
115 Posts
If there's enough airflow to move the bonnet then cutting off this airflow could be used as an argument? What do other thread posters think?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Agree, there is plenty of air going in there from were its supposed to ie. thefront grille. My bonnet now seems ok at the front but still moves a bit at the back and I am sure that you are correct and that it is wind blowing it. Your seel idea is great I am going to see if I can source similar in UK if not then I may take you up on your kind offer of supply.
Rgards - ips

·
Registered
34 Posts
Agree BUT dissagree @ the same time !
What am trying to say is where is the turbo !

If am not Wrong it is behind the engine ! so maybe the air coming in the engine bay from above (and moves the bonnet) it is for sure going to the turbo and the Plastic tube (which direct air to the turbo !) and all that stuff are on the Upper section of the engine bay !

Just my opinion !

if you ask me i'll tell you.... if we change the fake Side Air Vents to be Usefull and help heat to go away !...if this happen maybe the Bonnet will stop shaking ..... because the incoming air (cold)would probably have 2 ways (right + left) to come out easily(as hot)

Just a theory !

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don´t know where you see the problem...

But there are many germans with this modification on their Kuga.
I think about more than 20.
And nobody told anything about any problem with cooling or "turbo" ore something else.

Only about less wobbling of the bonnet and less dirt in the engine bay.

Just my 2cents

1 - 20 of 31 Posts