Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since getting my Kuga last September, I have noticed a fair bit of movement on the bonnet when driving at speed. I am not aware of ever noticing this on other cars i have driven. Is it normal on the Kuga to see bonnet movement, certainly when driving at 70mph,also at lower speeds when windy for example, or does it need adjusting in some way?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
My bonnet also wibbled at speed. More worrying when closing the bonnet it hit the top of the bumper , as it bounced down. I found that by winding up the 2 bump stops it shuts properly and doesnt hit the bonnet, also it does not wibble at speed. just dont do it too much as it will not line up with the wing tops, should be level by eye and hand.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Mondeoman,

I also had this problem on the autobahn in Germany....I stopped conviced that the bonnet was not shut properley but all was OK.

My local dealer adjusted this and its better but, I still get some "lift" at the back (near the screen) where no adjustment is possible. Its still scary at 70ish into the wind when it raises then wobbles...Is too much air getting under the bonnet? Can anything be done???

Backchat.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi all
have had my KUGA since nov and noticed my bonnet wobbles at the screen end at high speed worried a bit but nothing has fell off yet!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Kuga was built in February and maybe it includes a recent modification. I have not noticed an bonnet flutter at high speed at all. looking under the bonnet there are 2 large neoprene blocks that the windscreen end of the bonnet sits on. have a look to see if you have got them fitted.

Colin.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have not fathomed how to post photos yet but I can describe it. Under the bonnet you will see the front edge of the black plastic skuttle ,at either end there is a 2"square neopreene grey block stuck down adjacent to the wings. also there is another piece of black neoprene about 8"x1"x1" stuck down near to the leading edge of the plastick skuttle. when the bonnet is down it rests tightly on all 3 blocks approx. 6" from the windsreen end of the bonnet.You can't miss them , you have either got them or not !
Colin.

·
Registered
446 Posts
yeah! I got em however there is still movement on bonnet whilst at speed, just 1 of those things I suppose I will mention it next time I am at the dealers although not that confident in them.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I get a small amount of wobbling on the bonnet too. I mentioned it to the dealer, he had alook but everything is firmlyscrewed together. It's funny that if it is wind turbulance then why don't the windscreen wipers move too? Just a thought.
I had my windscreen replaced today (not working)and since then the wobble is less noticable. I also had a rattle that accompanied the wobbling but thats gone now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My bonnet flutters badly.
Always has.
It is always worse on motorways/dual carriageways on windy days.
I too have stopped convinced it wasn't closed properly.
Everything is as it should be under the bonnet.
Poor design perhaps?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ours also flaps when at over 70mph, also stopped to check, simply poordesign that should have beenironed out during development, not by consumers. Do they bother to test cars these days!!!!!!!!!!! Makes me larf how cars are awarded '....car of the year' blah balh, even before most public sales even happen, like journalists actually have a clue (or even care when they aren't paying their hard earned for the vehicles they are appraising)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I too have bonnet flap atcertain speeds, it appears to bounce about when driving at 70+ mph, I too checked that it was shut down and it was,I have reported it to the dealer who will look at it when they sort out the fuel leak!!!

For fords to do anything or look at a 'fix' these faults or problems must be reported and owners must make it known they are not happy....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts