Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one noticed that when you pull the windscreen wipers up to clean the screen they foul on the back edge of the bonnet? Offside is worse!
If owners could check there vehicle and let Ford customer services know, it should promt an engineering change with regards to the hood or re-position of the wipers

Regards

Rob

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The service position for the wipers is a cope out. The wipers clash with the bonnet full stop. Its an easy fix of a 5mm trim change on the inner and outer blended to the bonnet edge.

Ford will leave it if no one is prepared to comment. Turn the ignition off mid way on the wiper cycle can be done on any car lol.......clever use of words to correct an engineering problem.

Thanks for the thread info though

·
Registered
113 Posts
It is a real problem for me in that I leave my Kuga in the station car park all day only to find that at least once a week some spotty herbert comes round hoiking up my wipers to attach a voucher for 10% off at the local hair dressers etc. I now have two nice marks on my bonnet edge where these boys and girls have done this.

It is a "doh" moment on behalf of the designers if you ask me!

Should I leave the keys and manual on the front seat, so the spotty Herberts can make use of the "service postition"?

Edited by: Wildyce

·
Registered
242 Posts
I agree with OnJag20s it's a poor design, having had loads of cars over the last 40 years or so I think this is the only one where you can't easily lift the wipers off the screen to clean them. I was going to the local manual car wash tomorrow all from Eastern Europe- nice group of people who make a good job of the car but I am a bit concerned if they try to lift the wipers as they usually do. Might have to resort to the jetwash myself and get the step ladder out!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I liked the solution on my last car, a VW Touran. When the ignition was switched off, a tug on the wiper switch would raise the wipers to the vertical service position, where they'd stay there until the ignition was switched on again. A much better idea when cleaning or if you were expecting frost or snow while parked up outside.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ahhh... just read this post... I'm gonna have to check in the morning!!

I let the wife take the car to work the other evening as I was going out to my work Xmas do, When she picked me up, she sheepishly had to say that some idiot had lifted all the wipers off and unscrewed the aerial. (Luckily it was on the bonnet and not stolen which has happened to me in the past!). I checked all the doors and bonnet for dents/scratches but not the edge of the bonnet.... they better not have wrecked it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
was reading the handbook regarding the service position and defrosting the windscreen if covered in snow or ice. How would you defrost the front screen without the ingnition on? If the wipers were in the "service position" and frosted up would you get the the hairdryer out first before being able to turn the ignition on and start the car? Maybe I have a few pages missing from my handbook????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts