Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another newbie here!
Appreciate a lil help ppls folks..
Just bought a 2010 kuga...only a few hrs old but I'm keen to see if anyone can help. YouTube videos has helped with a process of elimination. Anyhow, I'm having issues with the Aux. I've read previous threads and I think my issue is unique.

I cant find an aux port yet I have the option on the Sony DAB stereo/radio which says "CD/AUX".

When I click on it, it keeps on saying "No CD", which is fine because that is indeed true, there isnt a CD in there!
Does this simply mean it's just a nonsense button and actually only has 1 function?
I also dont know if my car has bluetooth....?

I'm literally on the verge of buying a new stereo to have it fitted but hoping to save myself some money with your suggestions.

And yes, I've looked in the glove compartment. Just lots of screws, no ports. I have 1 charger port under the arm rest.

TIA!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Welcome to the forum,,Not sure of the 2010 Kuga but my 2012 mondeo had a port in the glove box for a jack plug,,circled white.I guess you have tried the one under the arm rest with a usb stick,,I’m assuming it’s a USB port .
if you can give us more details of your kuga I’m sure someone here can help you.
Ross

·
Registered
2008 Zetec Kuga Mk1
47 Posts
Hi Greenyblue

On the Zetec model the aux socket definitely wasn't standard. If fitted it should be in the central compartment under the armrest. As to bluetooth it depends on the radio option fitted. If you put a picture on of it we should be able to give you an answer. (But thought the bluetooth was standard on the Sony ones)

·
Registered
[ Phil ]
484 Posts
When you say charger port, do you mean a USB port?

If so, get a USB stick and put a few MP3s on it and put it in the car - I presume pressing the CD/Aux toggles between the CD player and the auxiliary input. My 2014 Kuga was similar to this.

·
Registered
736 Posts
On my 2012 it's under the arm rest and when you plug a USB stick in for MP3 songs you can then scroll through and use the Aux (USB stick).

Reactions: DogDeluxe

·
Registered
311 Posts
USB port on my 2011 Titanium model is in the compartment under the armrest. Lift it up and look at the forward end. On mine there is a little recess presumably for an mp3 player to sit, also there is the 3.5mm aux port.

Andy

Reactions: smartguy69
1 - 6 of 6 Posts