Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Love the Kuga and am shopping around for a good deal on the Titanium model. Would like an ex demo with a panoramic roof but so far no joy.

Does anyone else think that the back of the Kuga looks like an X3 or is it just me?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Me again, had a fantastic test drive in a Kugaand was extremely impressed but how does it compare with an X3 or is the Beamer in a different class?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've heard the X3 has questionable build quality and spec levelsfor it's money (i.e no better than the Kuga). No 'off-road' reports so maybe this is where the vast price difference is justified...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes I agree the Kuga backend looks like a X3, the question about build quality for the X3 is true Not good, the kuga is very good so far had it for 2 days and no problems as yet

·
Registered
18 Posts
For me the X3 is one of the main reasons I am considering a Kuga. Ride is really harsh and interior very dull (IMHO sorry) and looks very 'cheap' for the price. As ever specs and options are a killer versus very resonable kuga equivalents. As you know loads of used X3 around, doubt there are many used Kugas about, first are usually as you say the ex dems. Good luck of the X3 vs Kuga I would opt for the Kuga easily. All persaonl tastes though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I test drove an X3 - loved it!! Build quality is very good on the new versions...unlike the old, pre 2006 face lift versions. Economy is on par with the Kuga (42mpg) but will do 0-60 in less that 9 seconds as the 2.0dse has 170bhp. Ride is harsh but I liked that...and its much bigger inside

·
Registered
102 Posts
Its the brand rather than the offroad ability that is the price tag. Its reputed to be one of the worst off road 4x4s on the market, even by "soft-roader" standards. Looked at the X3 before buying a Kuga and didn't think they were worth the extra. I priced one at £33k which is for equivalent spec of a Titanium Kuga. Basically 10k+ for a badge and not as striking in the looks dept. Drive both, it'll make your mind up and I reckon you won't want to splash out the extra money.

·
Registered
130 Posts
hessisgod said:
Its the brand rather than the offroad ability that is the price tag. Its reputed to be one of the worst off road 4x4s on the market, even by "soft-roader" standards. Looked at the X3 before buying a Kuga and didn't think they were worth the extra. I priced one at £33k which is for equivalent spec of a Titanium Kuga. Basically 10k+ for a badge and not as striking in the looks dept. Drive both, it'll make your mind up and I reckon you won't want to splash out the extra money.

Or the extra Road Tax

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your comments. I think I am convinced! Interestingly, the dimensions of the X3 are L:4569 w:1853 h:1674 The Kugas L:4443 W 1842 H 1677, so not much in it size wise. The Beemer is only 12 cm longer. Certainly not worth an additional £11K. Well done Ford.

·
Registered
32 Posts
See my other post but I test drove, Merc M, BMW X3 & X5, Rav 4, Mitsubishi Outlander, Freelander and the Kuga, BMW just overpriced basic inside poor ride and poor build quality applied to bot X5 & X3. X3 and Kuga are about the same space wise inside. For driving dynamics, fuel consumption and value for money the Kuga can't be beaten I just ordered a Titanium X spec'd up to the hilt and still spent £6k less than an basic X3. By adding a spider intelligent tuning box the bhp will go up from 140 to 175 and the tourque 320 -400 0 -60 down to 9 secs and it will return better fuel consumption all for £375

·
Registered
18 Posts
flanaia1 said:
See my other post but I test drove, Merc M, BMW X3 & X5, Rav 4, Mitsubishi Outlander, Freelander and the Kuga, BMW just overpriced basic inside poor ride and poor build quality applied to bot X5 & X3. X3 and Kuga are about the same space wise inside. For driving dynamics, fuel consumption and value for money the Kuga can't be beaten I just ordered a Titanium X spec'd up to the hilt and still spent £6k less than an basic X3. By adding a spider intelligent tuning box the bhp will go up from 140 to 175 and the tourque 320 -400 0 -60 down to 9 secs and it will return better fuel consumption all for £375
flanaia1 I'd agree on most points and like you have looked around all the usual suspects too. However I gotta say the X5's interior/exterior to me is without question. I'd agree on the X3 which I think is poor (however the boot is huge in comparison to the Kuga). X5 interior is beautifully put together if a little on the bland side. Sounds a nice spec you've ordered though, be interestedd to hear how youy get on with the spider tunning.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I did it. Bought an ex demo for £22.500 Xpack, bi xenon, panoramic roof, blue tooth, tinted glass,18 inchers. Totally ripped off but WHAT A CAR! Never been a poser but now....bring on the designer sunglasses. Off to audition for Miami Vice 2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts