Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought Kuga and was assured that I could have bluetooth fitted. Unfortunately this was not factory fit which means I have some parrott device which I am less than happy with. Keep getting told no way i could have factory fit and saleman must have misunderstood my request.

Anyone have any help about whether it can be retro fitted either by Ford or some external firm ?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi Craig,
Welcome fellow "KUGA" owner, Fords will do but like my roof rails will charge as I was qouted yesterday about £180 to fit ,but on checking the Webb also most places who will fit are asking simular,just have to drive around like I do with a bit of plastic hanging from my ear. SB
Edited by: SILVERBACK

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Craig,

I just picked my Kuga up minus blue tooth. However noticed the Sony stereo is the same as the ones with blue tooth including the red and green phone buttons. I assume the Sony stereo handles the connectivity so surely its just a case of unlocking this feature, or I'm I missing something ??? I rather use a ear piece than Parrot device.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The issue is that I thought the same thing i.e. they would connet the device and green and red phone buttons etc would then be active but no. It would seem that they cannot retro factory fit and therefore the bluetooth is a parrot device stuck to the dash.
I will be having a direct chat with sales guy this Friday

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi.

Similar to Finchy, I took delivery of my new Titanium on Friday last. The head unit is a Sony CD DAB and it has the answer and hangup buttons. I wonder if this unit has the capability of bluetooth integration? If it does not, I am sure it is just a case of an external device integrating with the rear of the head unit. Kenwood and Pioneer are the same, they are Bluetooth capable with an optional module that needs to be plugged into the rear. I will be researching this and I will post my findings. If anyone else has any comment on this I would appreciate the update. I would rather purchase the module than have to add another unit to the dash.

Regards,

Darragh.

·
Registered
4 Posts
From another forum site but getting close to the money I think -

It is possible to retro fit Bluetooth, your dealer is talking through his anus (as usual)
The connectors are already in place on ST so you have to buy the module and the microphone and the microphone lead.
The module connects to the back of the radio, the mic lead into the module and the microphone mounts onto the driver's upper A post trim.
Your parts dept will be able to give you the finis codes and prices for the parts which you will easily be able to fit yourself.
The only downside is that you will have to get the dealer to reconfigure the GEM module to recognise the blutooth module.

So, it appears the module can be purchased and fitted. Might cost as much as £250 and would have to be fitted. Will let you guys know if I see anything else. I am also going to ring Ford and get the part codes and specific price to see what this might cost. I still prefer this option rather than the Parrot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That sounds great ! its wierd that the dealers recomend the parrot system, I guess they dont want the hassel. The dealers are just happy to sell the car then wash their handsofany responsibility.

Matt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Found on another forum site. Hmm, might be an expensive option. I am going to continue to search for the part myself.

Finally got around to getting the job done and i`m pleased with the result.I ordered a kit from Platts of marlow buckinghamshire and installed it myself which was very easy.(ford part number 1512522).Platts programmed the gem module, which took about an hour and a half and tested the system.All functions work as per ford instruction manual including the climate control voice commands.I found Platts very helpful and would recommend them to anyone who is thinking of having this work done. It was expensive! The kit was £260 and programming cost me £105.Fitting the kit would take about 1 or 2 hours and cost more.I should have ordered the option at build so therefore made a costly mistake.

Edited by: Decepticon

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think its down to programming the GEM module, which I've tried to find some more information about. I can't imagine its that technical, probably like a firmware update which you do to most devises now-days, unless I'm wrong ....? I had looked on my uncle's S-max which has the same setup with blue tooth, the on-board computer (GEM) manages the connectivity.

·
Registered
106 Posts
hi finchy....did you say you specified blue tooth on your order...if you did it is down to the dealer or ford to put this right and get the right option fitted. i ordered blue tooth and voice activation when i ordered mine last year..it came last july...and bluetooth was fitted works fine.....let me know if you did specify this on your order as an option

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nope I didn't this car was already in the dealer stock, I wanted Titianium in grey which they had minus the bluetooth although they had a Tango colour one with the full works but the wife just didn't like the colour. They didmention the Parrot system however prefer to have the intergated fords system. However the retro fit does seem to be very expensive and more complex than initially thought.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Right guys, found this with a little help from Stewart.
www.compsafari.com/bluetooth.pdf

I'm not sure if you need to alter the stalk or not. On some forums it says that Voice will still work by pressing and holding the Mode button, but will have to see on that one. Might be worth me ordering it without the switch initially and trying it, if not, just get a new switch.

Part numbers also seem to have changed. Found this...........

"Ford now sell the whole kit you need all under one Finnis Code - 1465112

Will set you back a little over £200 for the whole lot"

It also looks like this will add USB as well.

Does anyone on here work for Ford? If so, can they find out what 1465112is? And what it contains? If not, I'll phone Ford up next week and find out.

Please can someone who has the Foctory Fitted Bluetooth let me know where the Mic is installed so I can confirm the wire is already installed like it is in the Focus pictured in the above.

Looks like we could be getting there!!!!

Ta!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts